The Student Room Group

support an application

I am currently in college going uni next year but I am concerned about student finance, I live with both parents so I'm confused if they are both required to support me and put their details in as one of my parents is likely not going to support my application. My mum, the one who is going to support earns very little whilst my dad earns the majority.
will my application be rejected if only my mum supports the application?
If the application is accepted would I get a bigger loan? or will I be penalised for only having one supporter?
Original post by donks.
I am currently in college going uni next year but I am concerned about student finance, I live with both parents so I'm confused if they are both required to support me and put their details in as one of my parents is likely not going to support my application. My mum, the one who is going to support earns very little whilst my dad earns the majority.
will my application be rejected if only my mum supports the application?
If the application is accepted would I get a bigger loan? or will I be penalised for only having one supporter?

Hi there, if you live with both your parents they would both be required to support your application if you are looking to apply for the higher amount of funding available to you. If 1 or both refuse to support your application you would only be able to apply for the minimum amount of funding available to you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending