The Student Room Group

Remarriage and student finance

I will have a continuing University student and a new starter for the 24/25 academic year.
For the last three years my continuing student has been getting funding from my single status.
I am now remarried and wondering if I have to send any evidence eg marriage certificate to support continuing students 24/25 application.
Original post by Mooncat76
I will have a continuing University student and a new starter for the 24/25 academic year.
For the last three years my continuing student has been getting funding from my single status.
I am now remarried and wondering if I have to send any evidence eg marriage certificate to support continuing students 24/25 application.

Hi there,

Yes, if you're married then we would need your spouse to support your application when you reapply. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
But do I need to send any evidence eg my marriage certificate or when my husband (their step dad) and I support my childrens application or just his NI number and income along with mine.
But do I need to send any evidence eg my marriage certificate or when my husband (their step dad) and I support my childrens application or just his NI number and income along with mine.

Hi there,

When the student for 24/25 applies, you and your husband would then login and support the students application by confirming your household income for the 22/23 tax year and submit this. You can upload a copy of the marriage certificate in your account or the students, with a cover letter under the evidence upload option. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

When the student for 24/25 applies, you and your husband would then login and support the students application by confirming your household income for the 22/23 tax year and submit this. You can upload a copy of the marriage certificate in your account or the students, with a cover letter under the evidence upload option. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,

Thank you for the reply. I was just asking as we have recently moved and we have 'misplaced' a few documents. They are in the disorganisation somewhere, but just wanted to know if it something we needed urgently to find for supporting the applications or we can find at a later date as it is not needed.

Many thanks
Hi Claire,

Thank you for the reply. I was just asking as we have recently moved and we have 'misplaced' a few documents. They are in the disorganisation somewhere, but just wanted to know if it something we needed urgently to find for supporting the applications or we can find at a later date as it is not needed.

Many thanks

Hi there,

We can't confirm this. If it's a brand new course then this may not be needed but if you are able to get the document to upload you can do this via your online account. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending