The Student Room Group

motivation for revision after school

okay so i get back from school around half 4, as i finish at 4 and i love far away. by the time i’ve got in, changed clothes, made coffee (essential) and had a general short relax is around 5 and then my mum makes dinner at around 5:30 so i only really can start at 6 and i am SO tired after being up since like 6:30am and doing a full school day

but my gcse’s are very soon and i’m aware i need to be doing 3/4 hours minimum to achieve the grades i want. but i also don’t want to stay up till 12 every night cause i don’t function without adequate sleep at all.

any advice?
hey! i have a similar day where id wake up at 5ish and come home at 4 and be busy with lunch, relaxation ad tuition until after 6, and would be forced to sleep by 9;30. honestly, tho, you dont need many hours for effective revision, as it really depends on what youre doing those hours, if you're studying passively or actively. during the time you're revising you should do techniques like flashcards, mindmaps, past papers, blurting, and summary sheets rather than reading or writing notes or highlighting as they dont force your brain to think. also the flashcards you make, you could use them during when coming home or just simply answer them whenever youre free. you could change ur coffee schedule to after 6 or make a herbal green tea to get your mind working, through perhps adopting the pomodoro method, keep your phone away so you dont end up wasting time or getting distracted. hope this helps!
Reply 2
hi!! thanks this is great advice. i was kinda joking about the coffee, i drink it while working anyways lmao!! but yeah i think definitely using the pomorodo method and more active study methods is a great idea! thanks :smile:Original post by psychstudent2625)hey! i have a similar day where id wake up at 5ish and come home at 4 and be busy with lunch, relaxation ad tuition until after 6, and would be forced to sleep by 9;30. honestly, tho, you dont need many hours for effective revision, as it really depends on what youre doing those hours, if you're studying passively or actively. during the time you're revising you should do techniques like flashcards, mindmaps, past papers, blurting, and summary sheets rather than reading or writing notes or highlighting as they dont force your brain to think. also the flashcards you make, you could use them during when coming home or just simply answer them whenever youre free. you could change ur coffee schedule to after 6 or make a herbal green tea to get your mind working, through perhps adopting the pomodoro method, keep your phone away so you dont end up wasting time or getting distracted. hope this helps!

hi!! thanks this is great advice. i was kinda joking about the coffee, i drink it while working anyways lmao!! but yeah i think definitely using the pomorodo method and more active study methods is a great idea! thanks :smile:
Reply 3
sorry idk why me replying to that went so odd with doubling the text haha
Original post by evajess13
hi!! thanks this is great advice. i was kinda joking about the coffee, i drink it while working anyways lmao!! but yeah i think definitely using the pomorodo method and more active study methods is a great idea! thanks :smile:Original post by psychstudent2625)hey! i have a similar day where id wake up at 5ish and come home at 4 and be busy with lunch, relaxation ad tuition until after 6, and would be forced to sleep by 9;30. honestly, tho, you dont need many hours for effective revision, as it really depends on what youre doing those hours, if you're studying passively or actively. during the time you're revising you should do techniques like flashcards, mindmaps, past papers, blurting, and summary sheets rather than reading or writing notes or highlighting as they dont force your brain to think. also the flashcards you make, you could use them during when coming home or just simply answer them whenever youre free. you could change ur coffee schedule to after 6 or make a herbal green tea to get your mind working, through perhps adopting the pomodoro method, keep your phone away so you dont end up wasting time or getting distracted. hope this helps!

hi!! thanks this is great advice. i was kinda joking about the coffee, i drink it while working anyways lmao!! but yeah i think definitely using the pomorodo method and more active study methods is a great idea! thanks :smile:
haha, ofc!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending