The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Paper 2 (9HI0 2A-2H) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceconsumer
I sort of mean the three antis or five antis campaigns, the reunification campaigns ygm? Rather than asking a more generalised question like ways Mao maintained power etc, asking specifically events like these. GLF is a good shout, though I haven’t looked much on what has come up in the past

ohhh oh god yea then im praying its not on something specific, really hoping they will do us good for this exam :/
i think its kinda hard to predict for china caus it could honestly be anything so i think best bet is trying to learn everything
Honestly I’m not sure, HFC has come up as an essay q in a spec AS paper and has also come up as an A level source q . But I’ve just noticed it hasn’t come up since 2017 so it’s possible they could use it. Don’t rely too much on that though as they could base it on different topics. Also I think the laogai prison question was on an AS paper.
Original post by historyalvel
Do you think HFC will come up as essay q or source? also what was the Laogai prison system q u found? cant seem to find it?
Any predictions for 2C.2 Russia in Revolution?
Original post by Wabayuhyuh
Honestly I’m not sure, HFC has come up as an essay q in a spec AS paper and has also come up as an A level source q . But I’ve just noticed it hasn’t come up since 2017 so it’s possible they could use it. Don’t rely too much on that though as they could base it on different topics. Also I think the laogai prison question was on an AS paper.

ohh ya i thnk HFC is a good shout for an essay q, if it was how do you think it could be structured or like what do you think they could ask about, might make an essay plan for that incase..

but ya definitely going to be trying to study everything bc i messed up on russia paper 1 by not😭😭
Reply 64
Original post by JShirtcliff
Anyone doing USA conformity and challenge, what's everyone prediciting?

me
Original post by historyalvel
ohh ya i thnk HFC is a good shout for an essay q, if it was how do you think it could be structured or like what do you think they could ask about, might make an essay plan for that incase..

but ya definitely going to be trying to study everything bc i messed up on russia paper 1 by not😭😭

Well the source q was ab investigating the changing nature of the Hundred Flowers campaign and the AS question was how accurate is it to say that Mao launched the Hundred Flowers campaign in 1957 in order to destroy opposition to his rule? I think if it was a question, it would be focused around the motives for launching it. Honestly paper 1 went so bad for me😭😭 but yeah make sure to revise a bit of everything bc anything could come up
Reply 66
does anyone have any south africa predictions? have been way too focused on politics lol
Reply 67
Original post by Butterfly-22
Any predictions for 2C.2 Russia in Revolution?

for Part b i think a questions about the PG might be an option it hadn't come up in a while unless its about the Bolsheviks. don't think they've done a source question on the PG yet either so its looking likely but wouldn't place all your hopes on it.
Anyone think topic 3 could come up for the source in Italy? I'm thinking Topic 1 and Topic 4 for the essay questions..
Reply 69
I got no predictions but I can handle your essay for you though
Reply 70
Original post by help:3
for Part b i think a questions about the PG might be an option it hadn't come up in a while unless its about the Bolsheviks. don't think they've done a source question on the PG yet either so its looking likely but wouldn't place all your hopes on it.

Good chance they do the Tsar Q - maybe Civil War source don’t think there’s been one hoping the papers difficulty is similar to paper 1 if so should be all good
Reply 71
Original post by GregTom04
Good chance they do the Tsar Q - maybe Civil War source don’t think there’s been one hoping the papers difficulty is similar to paper 1 if so should be all good

The tsar question always comes up so probably.
Yep paper 1 was beautiful!!! (I did Stuart Britain)
Reply 72
Original post by djmLantern
Anyone think topic 3 could come up for the source in Italy? I'm thinking Topic 1 and Topic 4 for the essay questions..

yeah, i don't think topic 3 has come up as a source yet so there is a good chance it will. Topic 1 will def come up as it wasn't on last years paper.
Original post by Cia28
yeah, i don't think topic 3 has come up as a source yet so there is a good chance it will. Topic 1 will def come up as it wasn't on last years paper.

Yeah, I agree. Every topic has had two source questions except Topic 3 which feels bizarre.

What do you reckon could be the question for topic 1? Giolitti or WW1? Maybe something to do with the reasons for the war, instability of Liberal government, Giolitti's resignation?
Reply 74
Original post by help:3
The tsar question always comes up so probably.
Yep paper 1 was beautiful!!! (I did Stuart Britain)

I do hope so as even if they expand the period into 2 bullet points it always seems to be the easier question (maybe apart from last year) - ye same did Stuart Britain personally I find it to be the easiest out of the 3. What Qs did you do I take it Q1 (Section A), Q4 (Section B) think everyone at my school did those.
Reply 75
Original post by djmLantern
Yeah, I agree. Every topic has had two source questions except Topic 3 which feels bizarre.

What do you reckon could be the question for topic 1? Giolitti or WW1? Maybe something to do with the reasons for the war, instability of Liberal government, Giolitti's resignation?

So far questions on topic 1 have focused on 1911-14 so maybe something different this time. My teacher created a list of possible questions which includes how far WW1 was a complete disaster for Italy and to what extent WW1 increased the political and social tensions that existed within Italy. It also suggests questions on the entire period. Such as how far Italy was unified in the period 1911-18 and to what extent Italy changed in that period.
Original post by Cia28
So far questions on topic 1 have focused on 1911-14 so maybe something different this time. My teacher created a list of possible questions which includes how far WW1 was a complete disaster for Italy and to what extent WW1 increased the political and social tensions that existed within Italy. It also suggests questions on the entire period. Such as how far Italy was unified in the period 1911-18 and to what extent Italy changed in that period.

Thanks!
Reply 77
anyone got predictions for 2O?
Reply 78
Original post by Cia28

Hi, would you be so kind as to share the list?
Reply 79
Original post by jdmicro
Hi, would you be so kind as to share the list?

Can do
Topic 1 - The liberal state
- 'The liberal state transformed Italy in the period 1911-1918.' How far do you agree?
- How far is it accurate to describe Italy as unified in the period 1911-1918?
- To what extent did the social and political tensions that existed within Liberal Italy increase during WW1?
- 'The first world war had only negative consequences for the people of Italy.' How far do you agree?
- 'The first world war was a profound disaster for Italy.' How far do you agree?
- How far was trasformismo the most important factor in Italy's political changes from 1911-14?
- How far was poverty the main reason for the growth of opposition towards the liberal governments in the years up to 1915?
- In 1914 Giolitti fell from power and politics changed. To what extent was this caused by the rise of new political parties?
- 'The most important reason for the fall of Giolitti was the Libya war.' How far do you agree?
- 'Until 1914 the liberal state was essentially successful.' How far do you agree?
- How accurate is it to say that the catholic church was the most significant problem facing Giolitti's government in the years 1911-1914

Would you also like the questions for the other topics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending