The Student Room Group

silly question regarding accommodation

so when i made my ucas account back in like september i said i would be living away from home however my circumstances have changed and i ended up firming nottingham which allows me to commute. today i received emails telling to to sign up for accommodation… is there anything i need to do to make the uni aware about this change or does it not matter? (im going to be starting an undergraduate course this september)
Reply 1
Original post by annonnymouus
so when i made my ucas account back in like september i said i would be living away from home however my circumstances have changed and i ended up firming nottingham which allows me to commute. today i received emails telling to to sign up for accommodation… is there anything i need to do to make the uni aware about this change or does it not matter? (im going to be starting an undergraduate course this september)

Hopefully the Nottingham rep will come along, but for now I would say: there may not be any problems but it will most likely depend on the uni. You're best bet is probably to email admissions or the accommodation for Nottingham (there's details on their website, I think there's a form you can fill in for enquiries :smile:). Better safe than sorry. Also maybe, if you haven't already, browse through the email about accommodation: it might say something about not bothering if you're planning to commute.

Hope that helps! Best of luck with university :biggrin:
Original post by {Moss}
Hopefully the Nottingham rep will come along, but for now I would say: there may not be any problems but it will most likely depend on the uni. You're best bet is probably to email admissions or the accommodation for Nottingham (there's details on their website, I think there's a form you can fill in for enquiries :smile:). Better safe than sorry. Also maybe, if you haven't already, browse through the email about accommodation: it might say something about not bothering if you're planning to commute.

Hope that helps! Best of luck with university :biggrin:

tysm for advice, i have just filled out the form : )

Hey @annonnymouus!

Depending on the university it might not affect anything (I know it doesn't for us!), but just in case I'd drop them an email to check! No harm in asking/letting them know :smile:

All the best!
Becky
University of Salford Rep

not really they probably sent those messages to all students as a kind of marketing thing particularly if they have a guaranteed accommodation if you firm type deal like some places do. You do need to let SFE know because it affects your loan.
Original post by University of Salford
Hey @annonnymouus!

Depending on the university it might not affect anything (I know it doesn't for us!), but just in case I'd drop them an email to check! No harm in asking/letting them know :smile:

All the best!
Becky
University of Salford Rep

thank you i will do that!!
Original post by jonathanemptage
not really they probably sent those messages to all students as a kind of marketing thing particularly if they have a guaranteed accommodation if you firm type deal like some places do. You do need to let SFE know because it affects your loan.

that’s what i thought tbh but when i was doing my student finance loan i already knew i would be able to commute so said i would be living at home, that should be fine right?
yeah should be if your not sure just give the university a ring but I would be sending something like that out to all students who have firmed instead of sorting through those who say the are at home or not then anything left over would be offered on results day to those who are insured on first come first served basis and then if anything was left over to clearing students.
Original post by jonathanemptage
yeah should be if your not sure just give the university a ring but I would be sending something like that out to all students who have firmed instead of sorting through those who say the are at home or not then anything left over would be offered on results day to those who are insured on first come first served basis and then if anything was left over to clearing students.

that makes sense, i’ll see if they get back to my email and if they don’t i’ll call them later on this week. thank you smm!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending