The Student Room Group

Accommodation Offer

Hi,

I just got an accommodation offer. It says that if I accept the offer, it becomes legally binding and I can only release in certain circumstances where I withdraw from the Uni.

I’m still considering a gap year, does this mean that if I accept the accommodation offer I have to go there this year, if I meet the grades?

Sorry if this is a silly question - the legal lingo has just panicked me a little.

Thanks.
Reply 1
So what does it say the circumstances are? If it’s purely and simply that you don’t take up your place at uni, then taking a gap year means that you are not taking up your place and there isn’t a problem. However, what is the uni’s policy on withdrawing at the last minute if it’s become your firm and you meet the grade requirements. Do they hold you to your contract?
Original post by Euapp
So what does it say the circumstances are? If it’s purely and simply that you don’t take up your place at uni, then taking a gap year means that you are not taking up your place and there isn’t a problem. However, what is the uni’s policy on withdrawing at the last minute if it’s become your firm and you meet the grade requirements. Do they hold you to your contract?

Thanks that’s a good point, I’ll have a look through the contract now.
Original post by AnotherStudent!
Hi,

I just got an accommodation offer. It says that if I accept the offer, it becomes legally binding and I can only release in certain circumstances where I withdraw from the Uni.

I’m still considering a gap year, does this mean that if I accept the accommodation offer I have to go there this year, if I meet the grades?

Sorry if this is a silly question - the legal lingo has just panicked me a little.

Thanks.

If it says it how you mentioned above - that you can only release if you withdraw - then you taking a gap year would be you withdrawing so then the contract would be legally broken
Original post by user8937264980
If it says it how you mentioned above - that you can only release if you withdraw - then you taking a gap year would be you withdrawing so then the contract would be legally broken

Cheers, after reading their contract and re-reading the email I got sent, it seems as if that’s the case. I’ll send them an email just to make sure though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending