The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Worried About Slow Offer Response

I don't know if I am just being paranoid or not but I am getting pretty concerned about how long my offer decision is taking. I applied in mid-January for BA (Hons) Film Production, but I updated my portfolio at the very beginning of April at the request of the uni, after which I am unsure if it affected how long processing my application will take.
The deadline for offer decisions is 5 weeks away, but more rooms for accommodation are released in 4 weeks so I want to know if I'm just being impatient since I'd really prefer not to miss that date.

In summary, I'd just like to know if my response is taking longer than other peoples have and what their experiences with response times are, and if it is actually something worth worrying at all at this point in time.
Original post by johnnylaw69
I don't know if I am just being paranoid or not but I am getting pretty concerned about how long my offer decision is taking. I applied in mid-January for BA (Hons) Film Production, but I updated my portfolio at the very beginning of April at the request of the uni, after which I am unsure if it affected how long processing my application will take.
The deadline for offer decisions is 5 weeks away, but more rooms for accommodation are released in 4 weeks so I want to know if I'm just being impatient since I'd really prefer not to miss that date.

In summary, I'd just like to know if my response is taking longer than other peoples have and what their experiences with response times are, and if it is actually something worth worrying at all at this point in time.

I can't speak for the course you've applied to but I guess since universities have a deadline in May, there's nothing we can do until then. A lot of people have received replies from the uni that I'm still waiting for a reply and similarly to you, I am a bit paranoid (mostly since KCL was known to not reply to thousands of students last year and so UCAS sent automatic rejections). I'd say since you only submitted your portfolio earlier this month, they may take another few weeks to get to yours since they'll probably have thousands of others to work through. In terms of the accommodation, are you looking at the unis campus or private accommodation? Most unis won't open their accommodation applications until the decision date (ie when your firm or insure them) which is usually after they should've sent out all their decisions. With private rent, depending on where you applied, some let you put down a refundable deposit down first to secure your place of accommodation so if you don't meet an offer or get the reply you wanted, the money would return to you anyway.

I'd say its nothing much to be worried about but you could try contact the uni closer to the may deadline. :smile:
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Universities don’t usually delay making offers. They usually use “hold” to hold off making rejections until they are sure that the course is full.

If you’ve been waiting a long time then prepare yourself for a likely rejection. It’s possible that they’ll suddenly find space and make more offers but that’s a slim chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending