The Student Room Group

Changing courses before accepting the offer.

I currently have an offer from Warwick but I want to change it to Literature and Philosophy. I have contacted the uni and I have not heard a response yet, and I am getting a bit worried ( I did call initially and they said it should be ok, but I am just getting paranoid abt loosing my initial offer) . Does anyone in general have any experiences with trying to switch courses before accepting an offer? (Especially if it is from Warwick) I need some reassurance ahahaha. Thank you !
Original post by atomic-tablet
I currently have an offer from Warwick but I want to change it to Literature and Philosophy. I have contacted the uni and I have not heard a response yet, and I am getting a bit worried ( I did call initially and they said it should be ok, but I am just getting paranoid abt loosing my initial offer) . Does anyone in general have any experiences with trying to switch courses before accepting an offer? (Especially if it is from Warwick) I need some reassurance ahahaha. Thank you !

They might not permit your switch , but they can't take your offer away.
Reply 2
When did you email?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
When did you email?

I emailed 2 weeks ago today. I am aware that they've just gone on a break and take a while to respond though. I just wanna double check that there's no risk of me losing my initial offer which I did specify in my email but yk.
Reply 4
You can't loose that offer. That would totally unethical and no Uni would do that.
Just be patient and you will get a response - most Uni offices will reopen on 2 January.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
You can't loose that offer. That would totally unethical and no Uni would do that.
Just be patient and you will get a response - most Uni offices will reopen on 2 January.

Ok ok thank you. I think I'm just worried bc my college said they've never had anyone do that and I should wait bc what if they rescind my offer, but I thought it seemed a bit absurd and wld make more sense to call them and ask around.
Your offer is safe, worst case they say no to the swap. Be patient, Warwick are notoriously slow at responding even outside of holidays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending