The Student Room Group

Means-tested or not?

Hello,
I have recently firmed a university of my choice and after applying for their financial help towards accommodation, they claimed that I'm not means tested.

I thought I was because I applied for the maximum amount for London and was granted it.

If I have to do a separate process for the means-tested, can someone please let me know?
I have confirmation that I'll be getting £13k, but I'm confused because I thought that was means-tested.

Thank you in advance
Original post by catkittycatcat
Hello,
I have recently firmed a university of my choice and after applying for their financial help towards accommodation, they claimed that I'm not means tested.

I thought I was because I applied for the maximum amount for London and was granted it.

If I have to do a separate process for the means-tested, can someone please let me know?
I have confirmation that I'll be getting £13k, but I'm confused because I thought that was means-tested.

Thank you in advance

Hi there,

It definitely sounds like you've been means-tested based on the amount of Maintenance Loan you've been awarded.

Can you please confirm if you're over 25? Do you have any children?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

It definitely sounds like you've been means-tested based on the amount of Maintenance Loan you've been awarded.

Can you please confirm if you're over 25? Do you have any children?

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you for the response but I’m under 25, and no I don’t have children. I’ll be starting an undergraduate course this September for pharmacy. I’ve firmed King’s College London, and I applied for the Affordable Accommodation Scheme. They said that I’ve been put on hold because my household income hasn’t been means-tested…

I just don’t understand because I have been granted full maintenance loan by Student Finance and yeah… I’m just really confused
Thank you for the response but I’m under 25, and no I don’t have children. I’ll be starting an undergraduate course this September for pharmacy. I’ve firmed King’s College London, and I applied for the Affordable Accommodation Scheme. They said that I’ve been put on hold because my household income hasn’t been means-tested…

I just don’t understand because I have been granted full maintenance loan by Student Finance and yeah… I’m just really confused

That's no problem, rest assured: it's not possible to get the higher Maintenance Loan without being means-tested.

In this case we'd recommend sending us a live chat on your account on Monday. Live chats are available from 9am.

We can ask the assessors to send you an e-mail confirming that you've been means-tested and you can then show this to your university.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Original post by Graeme SFE
That's no problem, rest assured: it's not possible to get the higher Maintenance Loan without being means-tested.

In this case we'd recommend sending us a live chat on your account on Monday. Live chats are available from 9am.

We can ask the assessors to send you an e-mail confirming that you've been means-tested and you can then show this to your university.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thank you so much :smile: I really appreciate that! it's just such a stressful time..
Thank you so much :smile: I really appreciate that! it's just such a stressful time..

You're welcome - if you have any questions in the meantime feel free to ask us.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending