The Student Room Group

Computer science uni choices

Hi. I am applying to computer science at university this year and am currently researching which unis i am going to apply to. I am currently thinking of applying to Oxford, Warwick, Sheffield, Uni of Nottingham and perhaps Bath or Bristol.

I am struggling to choose between bath or Bristol as my final choice. I like the idea of being in a lively city in Bristol and I really like the music scene there, but I like the placement year options at Bath and the offer is lower (No A* maths requirement) as well as the offer rate being higher.

Should I choose Bath for these reasons or Bristol because I like the city, or should I choose another safe option as Oxford and Warwick are already very aspirational?

For context, I study Maths, Physics, and Comp sci at A level as well as AS further maths and an EPQ

I am predicted A*A*A and A in AS FM

Thanks
Original post by Griffdog1008
Hi. I am applying to computer science at university this year and am currently researching which unis i am going to apply to. I am currently thinking of applying to Oxford, Warwick, Sheffield, Uni of Nottingham and perhaps Bath or Bristol.

I am struggling to choose between bath or Bristol as my final choice. I like the idea of being in a lively city in Bristol and I really like the music scene there, but I like the placement year options at Bath and the offer is lower (No A* maths requirement) as well as the offer rate being higher.

Should I choose Bath for these reasons or Bristol because I like the city, or should I choose another safe option as Oxford and Warwick are already very aspirational?

For context, I study Maths, Physics, and Comp sci at A level as well as AS further maths and an EPQ

I am predicted A*A*A and A in AS FM

Thanks

You've plenty of time to mull this over and visit both unis. In addition, you don't have to submit all your choices at the same time. Oxford means an early application but you don't have to put all the other 4 down at the same time.
yeah I know I’m just thinking ahead and looking for advice on the type of unis I should apply for (bit worried if I haven’t got enough safe choices)
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending