The Student Room Group

Firm and insurance choice

I need help choosing my uni choices.
I’m predicted A*A distinction (maths, physics, BTEC IT), and will likely end up between AAD
Firm choice: Warwick, Physics with business studies, A*A* distinction
Insurance: either KCL, Physics, AA merit
OR Royal Holloway, Computer Science and maths, BB distinction

I’m not sure if I can get into Warwick Physics as it requires such a high grade requirement and I’ll definitely miss it by 1 or 2 grades, so is it worth putting it as a firm.

Also which of my insurance is best careers wise, I want to get into tech (software engineering/data science/investment banking)
Reply 1
Which course do you prefer - that's what you study everyday for the next few years, not the brand name of the Uni.

Importantly - CS or Physics?
Then, look at the optional units for each course for all years of the course, and think about what you would choose if you went there?

Only you have any idea what your likely grades are but talk to teachers if you need to.
And make sure that any Insurance choice is a course/Uni you actually want to go to - not just 'a safe choice'.
Reply 2
Well you are concerned about getting the grades for Warwick but if its your dream uni then put them down as firm and work towards getting the A*A*Dist and put Royal Holloway as your insurance since its in the field you are keen to move into (computer science).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending