The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Aitken Accomodation- UoB

Does anyone have any pictures of the Aitken accomodation? I am considering it as an option but there are no pictures on the uni website and any other pictures I've found are quite old. Also can people tell me what it's like to live there
Reply 1
If you click on Aitken on Google Maps you should be able to scroll through a couple pics of the inside. I can give you a few pros and cons after living here since september though.

Pros:
•Good value for money
•You get a sink in your room
•Rooms are newly renovated and a better size than shackleton + elgar court, plus you get a much bigger bed
•Decent size kitchens
•It’s on the Vale so nice green area around it
•very easy to meet people who live on your block, our year in particular has a pretty decent community here
•Bike sheds

Cons:
•No en-suite
•Kitchens are not newly renovated, the hobs and ovens are pretty old and aren’t the best
•Personally my flat had some problems with the shower leaking into the kitchen, maintenance team fixed that eventually though
•I know some other flats in Aitken that have had silverfish
•the closest bar (at shackleton) is shite
•No common room

All in all, Aitken is a class place to live and i couldn’t ask for much better at the price i paid. Let me know if you have any other questions
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by ernjs
Does anyone have any pictures of the Aitken accomodation? I am considering it as an option but there are no pictures on the uni website and any other pictures I've found are quite old. Also can people tell me what it's like to live there

Don't have any pictures but Aitken is decent, the rooms are really quite nice. Its quite small so there is a real sense of community which makes it different from pretty much all the other accommodations at uob; glad I chose it personally :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending