The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 (Higher Tier triple) 8463/2H - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 Higher Tier triple exam go?

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 (Higher Tier separate science) 8463/1H - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16th June 2023
Length: 1hr 45 mins

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-8463
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/AQA-8463-ES-INS-JUN23.PDF
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

ez
Reply 2
Original post by schoolisgood123
ez

paper 2??
does anyone have any predictions?
Reply 4
Original post by Albyr7

look up primrose kitten on YouTube she does very accurate predictions. her predictions for chem and bio were super accurate
Reply 5
Original post by Albyr7

These are the ones from Primrose kitten on YouTube:

Magnets, motor effect, transformer and generator effect
Pressure in fluids
SA calcs
Speed + the calculations
Distance time and velocity time graphs
Newtons laws
Acceleration practicals
Waves in general + the differences of them
Use for the electromagnetic spectrum
Ripple tank practical + standing wave practical
Spring practical - hookes law
Moment and momentum
Forces needed to stop things moving
Life cycle of a star
Structure of the solar system and the evidence of big bang + satellites
(Original post by 18burrowsd)look up primrose kitten on YouTube she does very accurate predictions. her predictions for chem and bio were super accurate

Original post by Sonia27
These are the ones from Primrose kitten on YouTube:

Magnets, motor effect, transformer and generator effect
Pressure in fluids
SA calcs
Speed + the calculations
Distance time and velocity time graphs
Newtons laws
Acceleration practicals
Waves in general + the differences of them
Use for the electromagnetic spectrum
Ripple tank practical + standing wave practical
Spring practical - hookes law
Moment and momentum
Forces needed to stop things moving
Life cycle of a star
Structure of the solar system and the evidence of big bang + satellites

thanks a lot! But isn't this the whole spec? 😭
Reply 7
Original post by Albyr7
(Original post by 18burrowsd)look up primrose kitten on YouTube she does very accurate predictions. her predictions for chem and bio were super accurate

thanks a lot! But isn't this the whole spec? 😭

I don’t think it’s the whole spec but either way this was what primrose said in specific and she’s pretty good at predictions
does anyone else struggle with paper 2 phyiscs because i feel like the content in it is harder
Reply 9
Original post by tallqueen212
does anyone else struggle with paper 2 phyiscs because i feel like the content in it is harder

I think there is just a lot of it. It's all forces and waves....
what did one ocean say to the other?

Spoiler

this for some reason made me giggle
Original post by probably_sane
what did one ocean say to the other?

Spoiler

I acc hate waves so much its such a boring topic but likely we are going to get a practical of the ripple I think because we never got that practical so im guessing maybe bc for the last paper 2 bio exam I predicted the reaction time was going to come up and it did but also the spring practical may come butt again that practical was done in one of the past papers I dont quite remember but that for sure. paper 2 2022 they got question of the angle light thingy practical like yk that glass box you put and then you have a protractor to do lines , yeah its probs unlikely for us t get that again
Original post by dxrksxullllll
this for some reason made me giggle

It has fulfilled its purpose
Is anyone stressed over it??? Paper one had loads of equations so I feel like there won't be much in paper 2 and paper 2 content is quite difficult
why are people already voting😭
Last year the grade boundaries were higher then usual since they got the equation sheet and advanced information...do you think this years grade boundaries will be even higher then last years or the same since we also get the equation sheet???
Original post by crimsontiger22
why are people already voting😭

they've been lulled into a false sense of security
Reply 18
Original post by OhIt'sJustMe
Last year the grade boundaries were higher then usual since they got the equation sheet and advanced information...do you think this years grade boundaries will be even higher then last years or the same since we also get the equation sheet???

grade boundaries' are supposed to be higher anyway, but I heard somewhere that they cannot be higher than the 2019 AQA Physics grade boundaries, which is a relief.
Reply 19
Original post by OhIt'sJustMe
Is anyone stressed over it??? Paper one had loads of equations so I feel like there won't be much in paper 2 and paper 2 content is quite difficult

paper 2 is going to be REALLY difficult since paper 1 was a breeze and they will need to balance the grade boundaries somehow.

Latest

Trending

Trending