The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amm32
What did people for the 5 marker about the coil?

I just rambled about the split ring commutator rotating every half turn
Reply 81
Original post by Amm32
What did people for the 5 marker about the coil?

coil moves and interacts with magnetic field and cuts through it, p.d is induced, commutator and brushes swap contacts every half turn
Reply 82
was the dynamo just one direction. Like just the positive axis
Reply 83
what did ppl put abt removing the lamp. I mentioned resistance but idk
Reply 84
Original post by yx3003
boyle law current acts against thing inducing it i think

Original post by Chris_____
what did ppl put abt removing the lamp. I mentioned resistance but idk

there was a past paper question that was similar to the last q. it said when lamp is removed the circuit is not complete so no current flows in the coil. No current means no magnetic field produced by coil and so there is no froce of repulsion due to the two magnetic fields interacting, and so it is easier to turn
Reply 85
oh
Reply 86
oh

dw tho im sure u did well in the other questions
Reply 87
same same

Original post by Marymary393
Currently revising for my geography this after noon 🙃
Reply 88
For the orbit one I said that the satellite accelerates towards earth and that it changes velocity but the speed remains constant, is that correct?
Also what did people put for the wave front one please
Reply 89
Original post by 18user1856
For the orbit one I said that the satellite accelerates towards earth and that it changes velocity but the speed remains constant, is that correct?
Also what did people put for the wave front one please

for the satellite. I put how it orbits earth due to the gravitational pull. This means it changes velocity constantly but remains a constant speed.
Reply 90
Original post by LiliaCasburn
so what is everyone's plans now GCSEs are over? :h:

Burning all my books
Guys was it a split ring commutator? I just said it changes every half turn so current always travel in one direction I didn't mention anything about the brushes...

Also for the one where the rays refracted was it less optically dense so bent away from the normal????? I was lost
was the dynamo just one direction. Like just the positive axis

Yes it was only on one side of the x-axis.
You could also have drawn it to be entirely in the negativeside but both are correct
Reply 93
Original post by Showmik_Hasan
Yeah 28-30 kPa is correct
You do a curved line of best fit and then u get the answer
There’ll be a range of values anyway, imo 26-30 should be fine

its 24000Pa....
for the draw the graph of figure 6 for 2 marks did u just make an accerating curve and thats it???
Reply 95
for the satellite. I put how it orbits earth due to the gravitational pull. This means it changes velocity constantly but remains a constant speed.

i mentioned centripetal force and how it keeps in orbit as the speed is changing dierection
Reply 96
didn’t you have to draw four of them or
Original post by RandomUser12432
Yes it was only on one side of the x-axis.
You could also have drawn it to be entirely in the negativeside but both are correct
Reply 97
Original post by OhIt'sJustMe
Guys was it a split ring commutator? I just said it changes every half turn so current always travel in one direction I didn't mention anything about the brushes...

Also for the one where the rays refracted was it less optically dense so bent away from the normal????? I was lost

i think the light bends towards the normal when it enters glass because it is more dense than air, and so travels slower. u can imagine this with a car - if a car goes to a dirt road where it will travel slower at an angle, the wheel that hits the dirt road first will move slower and so the car will turn towards the normal.
probs didnt explain it very well sorry
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 98
What was the exact definition of a closed system?
Original post by imco55505
i think the light bends towards the normal when it enters glass because it is more dense than air, and so travels slower. u can imagine this with a car - if a car goes to a dirt road where it will travel slower at an angle, the wheel that hits the dirt road first will move slower and so the car will turn towards the normal.
probs didnt explain it very well

ah oh well

Latest

Trending

Trending