The Student Room Group

Edexcel geography

we are 3 weeks away from paper 1 , what are people doing to prepare? resources wise. i need help, i have barely started !
Original post by $of1a
we are 3 weeks away from paper 1 , what are people doing to prepare? resources wise. i need help, i have barely started !

Panicking!

I'm making flashcards - once they're done will try to learn them (i'm likely to have at least 800 by the time im done so that probs won't happen). Then I'm thinking past papers. People seem to like seneca but I'm not convinced. What are you thinking?
Reply 2
Original post by not a room
Panicking!

I'm making flashcards - once they're done will try to learn them (i'm likely to have at least 800 by the time im done so that probs won't happen). Then I'm thinking past papers. People seem to like seneca but I'm not convinced. What are you thinking?

People in my class really like Seneca but I'm not convinced either, im completing mind maps but i don't know how to memorise the case studies for carbon or water, so many!
Original post by $of1a
People in my class really like Seneca but I'm not convinced either, im completing mind maps but i don't know how to memorise the case studies for carbon or water, so many!

I think there has to be a certain amount of made up obscure case studies ngl
Reply 4
Original post by $of1a

me too. Ngl if you don't have flashcards I would advise you just use other ppl's flashcards on quizlet as there isn't enough time to make your own at this point so it's just better.
For case studies I am listing which ones I need to know and then I would use the blurting method where I would look at the textbook until i partially understand it and then I cover it up and try to remember it. I repeat the process until I mostly remember it. Although icl it takes a lot of time. it depends on how well you understand it. for example when I was memorising the montserrat volcano case study i didn't need to repeat it as much as the content was pretty easy to understand for me.
Then ig just make sure you do practice papers. or practice essays. and if you find the essay hard look at what the mark scheme says and revise the content that you found hard in the past paper.
id say for paper 2 geo past papers are incredibly important as the questions aren't worded nicely.
Seneca also helps when understanding content. However it doesn't help me memorise stuff. Its good if you want like a cool down revision session that isn't too mind taxing.
physics and maths tutor also has some good case study resources on geo.
i think seneca is simple and easy, great to see what you know and what you dont know usually i skip the information and go straight to the questions. also repeating the same topics after a week or two helped me remember them more but its not a thorough form of revision. aside from that im mainly learning my case studies

Quick Reply

Latest