The Student Room Group

Need Advice Please

Hi,

I’m just looking for some advice about my choices to firm etc. I want to get into a career within Politics, Government, Foreign Affairs etc, that’s always been my end goal. I currently hold an offer from King’s College London for Politics and Manchester for Law with Politics. I’m somewhat torn although leaning towards Kings, given its position in the Politics league table and very good global reputation, also the London aspect itself, being on the doorstep of power and the opportunities with networking etc. Cost aside etc I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or has gone to either uni or done either course. Just wondering if I’m making the wrong decision with having the opportunity to do a joint honours but the career prospects that come with London and the possibilities that come with the Government on the doorstep are really attractive to me.

Any advice so appreciated.
If you will feel comfortable living in London and can afford it Kings would be ideal.
Original post by swanseajack1
If you will feel comfortable living in London and can afford it Kings would be ideal.

I’m more so just torn on if I’m dumb turning down a law with politics degree for just politics, that’s the main thing even though my heart and head are telling me kings
Original post by anon781982913
I want to get into a career within Politics, Government, Foreign Affairs etc

You can get into these career areas with almost any degree since a degree in politics doesnt teach how to be a politician or a diplomat, and most Fast Track schemes will accept a very wide range of degree subjects - example https://www.faststream.gov.uk/diplomatic-service/index.html

And you can always do Law as a graduate regardless of first degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending