The Student Room Group

A-Level Classics OCR Study Group 2023

Hi everyone!

For the world of the hero I am doing the Iliad and Aeneid, and for my other topics, Imperial Image and The Politics of the Late Republic.

What is everyone else doing?

If anyone could send me question banks on any of these topics I would be eternally grateful...

Good luck! :h:
Original post by 3222227
Hi everyone!

For the world of the hero I am doing the Iliad and Aeneid, and for my other topics, Imperial Image and The Politics of the Late Republic.

What is everyone else doing?

If anyone could send me question banks on any of these topics I would be eternally grateful...

Good luck! :h:

I'm doing the similar ones but I'm doing odyssey and Aeneid, imperial image, Athenian democracy
Hi there

im doing the same thing, just curious on what you are revising from, im doing the OCR classics course, but their is not a lot of videos really to help revise, just the textbook ?? and ive only done classics since September, so sometimes its hard knowing everything
Original post by justhereiguess
I'm doing the similar ones but I'm doing odyssey and Aeneid, imperial image, Athenian democracy
Do any of you guys have notes for the odyssey, Aeneid, imperial image, and Athenian democracy, if so please do pm or just send it on the chat if you don't mind it being public. Im stressed, all I have been doing is exam questions on all but have been noticing a gap in my content knowledge. Please do help! :smile:
Hi ! I'm doing Odyssey, Aeneid, Imperial Image and Greek Religion !!
Reply 5
Original post by Hogwarts14
Hi there

i'm doing the same thing, just curious on what you are revising from, im doing the OCR classics course, but their is not a lot of videos really to help revise, just the textbook ?? and ive only done classics since September, so sometimes its hard knowing everything

Try In our time or google the topic on YouTube and you can find good summaries or talks. There are good Blookets (my teacher has made some) and Quizlets on scholarship and the specified material sources. Mark schemes are helpful as well, so I recommend reading them and doing the questions. I would recommend reading the intro if you have one to your texts and also use the text book. I know this is late and this is just quickly off the top of my head, but I hope it is somewhat helpful at outlining some of the places you can find help. Please disregard if this is not helpful to you. Massolit is also good, but your school or you needs to have an account.

Good luck, I hope it goes well
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Hi there

Thank you so much I’ll have a look :smile:
Reply 7
Does anyone have any predictions as to what may come up in the imperial image paper on tuesday?
Reply 8
(Original post by tif-tif)Does anyone have any predictions as to what may come up in the imperial image paper on tuesday?
Pater Patriae visual literary, and Julius Caesar and bust of livia
Original post by danielb17
(Original post by tif-tif)Does anyone have any predictions as to what may come up in the imperial image paper on tuesday?
Pater Patriae visual literary, and Julius Caesar and bust of livia

Pater patriae came up last year and Livia came up a few years ago
Reply 10
ok thank you, trying to learn all the sources now lol but unsure which ones to prioritise haha
Original post by justhereiguess
Pater patriae came up last year and Livia came up a few years ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending