The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The DClinPsy Clinical Psychology program

Greetings!
I am an international student (from India) and I'm interested in applying for the DClinPsy Clinical Psychology program in the near future (after gaining the relevant experience in the field).
I wanted to ask, as an international student (with the BPS accreditation + the experience), is it possible to apply for this program and get funded? Because I had read somewhere that international students always have to self fund their studies in this program, however, the official site for this program in UoG states that no self-funded applicants are accepted.
Does this mean that University of Glasgow does not take international students at all for this course, or does this mean that international students are also funded by the NHS?
Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Greetings!
I am an international student (from India) and I'm interested in applying for the DClinPsy Clinical Psychology program in the near future (after gaining the relevant experience in the field).
I wanted to ask, as an international student (with the BPS accreditation + the experience), is it possible to apply for this program and get funded? Because I had read somewhere that international students always have to self fund their studies in this program, however, the official site for this program in UoG states that no self-funded applicants are accepted.
Does this mean that University of Glasgow does not take international students at all for this course, or does this mean that international students are also funded by the NHS?
Thank you!

Applications for Clinical Psychology doctorates are handled by Clearing House for Postgraduate Courses in Clinical Psychology. See here for what they have to say about the course at University of Glasgow:

"Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
We do not offer self-funded places."

If you click-through to the specific entry requirements from the above page, you'll find it says:

"International applicants
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction and will be ask to provide appropriate evidence as required.
We do not offer self-funded places."

So, they key question is this: Are you eligible to work in the UK?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending