The Student Room Group

A Level Exam Revision Struggle

Hi, I am struggling on time management and need some help as i have A level exams in like a month - I do A level Business Edexcel and A Level English Language AQA.
Business has different themes so theme 1 & 4 and theme 2 & 3
The exam for theme 1 & 4 is on the 23rd May
English Paper 1 on 25th May
Business Paper 2 - 7th june
English Paper 2 - 5th June
I also have 1 week holidays between the 27th and 5th June
Now my question is should i revise only for theme 1 & 4 until the exam and then do the other themes after that but because the topics and linked im struggling to balance all of them and the teachers pull up random quizzes and today they did it on theme 1 when it was my days to revise theme 2 and 3 so if u dont get teacher questions right they think your not doing any revision ... I just need advise on how anyone is revising or if u do my subjects even better
I would revise all themes but for the two weeks before the exam, prioritize the themes for that exam. I definitely would not wait to revise themes 2 and 3 until after your first exam because that will leave you with only two weeks for themes 2 and 3 but a month for themes 1 & 4. Also, once your exams have started, your revision time will seem shorter, and you will also probably want to do extra last minute revision for English. Make sure you don't plan too much revision during your holiday week - you will retain information better if you take breaks for walking, exercise, hobby, etc; and it's easy to overestimate how much revision you can effectively accomplish in a day.
Thank you so much for the advise... one more thing is that would you make revison cards at A level? For english my teacher puts powerpoints on teams and i printed those off as my revision material and then im aiming to revise those powerpoints and maybe make notes from textbooks and then do blurting but my teacher said make flashcards like one side question and the other answer... would that be useful?
I understand that you are struggling with time management and revision, and I want to assure you that you are not alone. Many students find themselves in this situation, and it is definitely possible to achieve high grades despite having less-than-stellar teachers.

Here are a few tips that may help you:

Set realistic goals. It is important to set goals that are challenging but achievable. If you set your sights too high, you may become discouraged and give up. Break down your goals into smaller, more manageable steps. For example, instead of saying "I want to get an A in business," say "I want to learn the content for this unit by the end of the week."
Find a study buddy or group. Studying with others can be a great way to stay motivated and on track. You can quiz each other, discuss the material, and help each other understand difficult concepts.
Use online resources. There are many online resources that can help you with your studies. Khan Academy, for example, offers free video tutorials on a variety of subjects. You can also find practice questions and past papers online.
Don't be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling with a particular concept, don't be afraid to ask your teacher, a tutor, or a friend for help. The sooner you get the help you need, the sooner you can start making progress.
It is also important to remember that you are not alone in this. Many students struggle with self-teaching, and there are many resources available to help you succeed. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goals.

Here are some additional tips for achieving high grades in your subjects:

Start early. The earlier you start revising, the more time you will have to cover the material and the more prepared you will be for your exams.
Make a revision plan. Once you know what you need to revise, create a plan that will help you stay on track. Your plan should include a schedule for when you will revise each topic, as well as a list of resources that you will use.
Revise regularly. Don't try to cram everything in at the last minute. Instead, revise regularly throughout the year. This will help you retain the information better and make it easier to learn new concepts.
Use a variety of revision methods. Don't just read your notes over and over again. Use a variety of revision methods, such as making flashcards, doing practice questions, and writing essays. This will help you learn the material in different ways and make it easier to remember.
Take breaks. Don't try to revise for hours on end without taking a break. Get up and move around every 20-30 minutes to avoid getting too tired.
Get enough sleep. You need to be well-rested in order to learn effectively. Aim for 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
Eat healthy foods. Eating healthy foods will give you the energy you need to study and learn. Avoid sugary drinks and processed foods.
Stay positive. It is important to stay positive and motivated throughout your revision. Remind yourself of your goals and why you are working so hard.
I hope these tips help you achieve your goals. Good luck!

Re: Your question about whether to revise only for theme 1 & 4 until the exam and then do the other themes after that...

I think that it would be a good idea to focus on theme 1 & 4 for now, since your exam for those themes is coming up soon. Once you have a good understanding of those themes, you can start to revise for theme 2 & 3.

It is important to remember that the topics are linked, so it will be helpful to have a good understanding of all of the themes in order to do well on your exams. However, I think that it is more important to focus on the topics that you are going to be tested on first.

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending