The Student Room Group

If you could instantly become fluent in any foreign language which one would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by odd_ physicist
Woah tu hables espanol! Mucho gusto
Mucho gusto mi amigo / amiga

Si yo hablo un poco de espanol, pero no mucho. Lo siento por no responder a tu mensaje mas temprano, yo no lo vi.
arabic cause my family never taught me 😂
Original post by elareare
arabic cause my family never taught me 😂

Why didn’t they teach you the language?
Original post by Talkative Toad
Why didn’t they teach you the language?

not 100% sure actually, but im learning it now 🤓
Original post by elareare
not 100% sure actually, but im learning it now 🤓

Fair
I'd say possibly Latin. It would help your understanding of many Latin based languages such as Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese. You wouldn't be able to SPEAK these languages, but you could get a lot of understanding through context and recognising the root Latin words.
Original post by Bible_slug
This is late but- Cantonese! Im really interested in the culture and if I could become fluent then it would help in my research and also help me get along with people :biggrin:

Hey Bible_slug, Cantonese speaker here. I am late but I am curious in what part of Canton culture you are interested in. (It is just Canton/HK culture reached its peak popularity around 70s-ish and not much people are as interested about it now.) Feel free to ask me any questions! :smile:
Original post by supcoolpenguin
Hey Bible_slug, Cantonese speaker here. I am late but I am curious in what part of Canton culture you are interested in. (It is just Canton/HK culture reached its peak popularity around 70s-ish and not much people are as interested about it now.) Feel free to ask me any questions! :smile:

also canto native here! super delighted that someone wants to learn canto as an L2, would really help our revitalisation efforts!
i wish i could learn arabic cause it sounds so good and satisfying ( idk how to explain it )
i already speak 3 languages fluently ( my mother tongue - aka my states language , country's language and english)
plus i do french in school but i don't consider myself fluent as i only know to write and understand lol
Original post by Alm_xo
i wish i could learn arabic cause it sounds so good and satisfying ( idk how to explain it )
i already speak 3 languages fluently ( my mother tongue - aka my states language , country's language and english)
plus i do french in school but i don't consider myself fluent as i only know to write and understand lol

lmao it does sound so nice
español
Original post by Talkative Toad
Can include English if English is not your first language.
I'm excluding languages as Lorem Ipsum, sarcasm, punning, slang, trolling etc
Only name one language 🤷🏾*♀️.

Definitely would be mandarin, it's spoken a lot more than I thought it was, plus learning all the characters would be sooo cool!!! If I had to sit a language A level / BTEC it would definitely be either in mandarin, japanese or korean! Absolutely love the characters!!
I want to learn German😁
I’d love to learn Urdu so I can speak to my grandma without having to turn to my mum asking how to say xyz 😞. I can understand much more than I can speak it.
I’d also love to learn Arabic ❤️
Original post by Pandalemon
español

Same or Arabic

Quick Reply

Latest