The Student Room Group

Core pure 1 vs 2

For the edexcel alevel core pure paper 1 and 2 in further maths, does anyone know what's the difference between the two papers?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 1
Original post by SS1234567890
For the edexcel alevel core pure paper 1 and 2 in further maths, does anyone know what's the difference between the two papers?

Thanks a lot!

both have their own textbook, with different topics. one isnt really harder than the other, but topics tend to overlap across the two papers you will sit for core, especially true with core 1 content appearing in core 2 papers. i wouldnt advise revising the content for the papers separately, just revise them both collectively if you can.
Reply 2
Original post by baziop
both have their own textbook, with different topics. one isnt really harder than the other, but topics tend to overlap across the two papers you will sit for core, especially true with core 1 content appearing in core 2 papers. i wouldnt advise revising the content for the papers separately, just revise them both collectively if you can.

i see, thanks a lot!
Reply 3
Original post by SS1234567890

Thanks a lot!

The previous poster was incorrect. Both papers cover all topics from the FM core pure content. There is no difference between the papers.
Reply 4
Original post by Notnek
The previous poster was incorrect. Both papers cover all topics from the FM core pure content. There is no difference between the papers.

Oh, I see, thanks for pointing that out!

Quick Reply

Latest