The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath - Can I change my course to include a year in industry?

I have recently been offered a place to study at Bath for Politics and International Relations and am 99% sure I will accept it. However, between my applying to Bath and receiving an offer, through further research and speaking to peers I have decided I would prefer to do a year in industry in my course which Bath is famous for.

I was wondering if I am able to - at any point in the application process or whilst attending the university - change my course to include a year in industry. I have emailed Bath to confirm last week however they have still not gotten back to me, and if they were to say it is not possible it may change my view and I may accept my offer from Manchester instead?

Does anyone know or have certainty on whether this is possible?
It definitely is possible I have firmed my offer from bath for Pol and IR and I went to an offer holder day and they said that even up to the end of the first year that you are there you can change your course if they have enough space for you to do that
Original post by zpddst
I have recently been offered a place to study at Bath for Politics and International Relations and am 99% sure I will accept it. However, between my applying to Bath and receiving an offer, through further research and speaking to peers I have decided I would prefer to do a year in industry in my course which Bath is famous for.

I was wondering if I am able to - at any point in the application process or whilst attending the university - change my course to include a year in industry. I have emailed Bath to confirm last week however they have still not gotten back to me, and if they were to say it is not possible it may change my view and I may accept my offer from Manchester instead?

Does anyone know or have certainty on whether this is possible?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
It definitely is possible I have firmed my offer from bath for Pol and IR and I went to an offer holder day and they said that even up to the end of the first year that you are there you can change your course if they have enough space for you to do that

Thank you so much, that helps a lot! Does this mean it is only possible to do so when attending the university and not in the process of accepting the offer? Also do you know if it is likely they do have enough space for me to do that?
you can email ahead and ask to swap but its up to them obviously and no I don't know how much space bath have available
Original post by zpddst
Thank you so much, that helps a lot! Does this mean it is only possible to do so when attending the university and not in the process of accepting the offer? Also do you know if it is likely they do have enough space for me to do that?
Reply 4
Original post by user123456324
you can email ahead and ask to swap but its up to them obviously and no I don't know how much space bath have available

Ok, thanks again for the help.
Safest to email them now.

Quick Reply

Latest