The Student Room Group

Training Contract Confusion

I am in my 2nd year of university and going into my final year this September. I am due to graduate in the summer of 2024, so when applying for Training Contracts, would I apply for 2024 intake or 2025?
Depends if you are doing a law degree or a different degree. It will also depend on the particular firm as some recruit more ahead of time than others.
Depends on what the firms want you to do post-uni (LPC/SQE prep courses) and how long these take. Most firms will specify at which point you should apply and for what intake, but if in doubt then just contact grad rec and they can clarify.
Original post by SkyRose19
I am in my 2nd year of university and going into my final year this September. I am due to graduate in the summer of 2024, so when applying for Training Contracts, would I apply for 2024 intake or 2025?

Hi!

My advice to you would be to start applying for training contracts now because most employers recruit 2 years in advance- if you secure your training contract now then by the time you graduate and are studying your postgraduate course then after you finish that you will immediately ideally be able to start with the law firm. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending