The Student Room Group

Is relocating an issue for employers?

Hi so I’ve had to find another graduate job again after my contract ended with my last company. I live in a fairly remote area so I have expressed in applications that I will relocate. Can’t help but feel though employers don’t like this and would rather take on someone who is reliably close, I may be wrong and perhaps I’m not tackling the interview questions right, as I’ve had a few recently so my cv and experience may not be the problem.
Original post by RandomTennisfan
Hi so I’ve had to find another graduate job again after my contract ended with my last company. I live in a fairly remote area so I have expressed in applications that I will relocate. Can’t help but feel though employers don’t like this and would rather take on someone who is reliably close, I may be wrong and perhaps I’m not tackling the interview questions right, as I’ve had a few recently so my cv and experience may not be the problem.

Generally it isn't an issue. You are expected to relocate if necessary - it's not the employers business where you live and how you get yourself to work. It's useful to point out you will relocate if it's obvious you will need to, ie you've thought about it.
Original post by threeportdrift
Generally it isn't an issue. You are expected to relocate if necessary - it's not the employers business where you live and how you get yourself to work. It's useful to point out you will relocate if it's obvious you will need to, ie you've thought about it.

Yeah I'd like to think this but wouldn't some employers think we can get a new starter ready to go next week or two instead of having to wait a month.
Submit reply
Reply 3
It’s not any issue unless you pick up a vibe that there’s not really a commitment to relocate or something that makes it impractical
Original post by Zarek
It’s not any issue unless you pick up a vibe that there’s not really a commitment to relocate or something that makes it impractical

I agree.
Normally as long as you get to work and back every day, employers dont mind where you live.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending