The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
So what ended up being the correct answer?
Original post by Ak_5
That's exactly what i did first time but I never got the right answer.
I tried it again just trying to pay extra close attention and I got the right answer. seems like i was putting in numbers wrong somewhere, thank you for your help
Reply 61
Original post by sara2918
So what ended up being the correct answer?

-1.21x10^8 to 2 s.f.
Reply 62
Original post by Ak_5
-1.21x10^8 to 2 s.f.

I think what you may have done wrong was not converting the units for either the density or the units as when I attempted it I almost forgot to do that. With the method above and looking out for that you should get the right answer as I got it just now using the method above.
Reply 63
Original post by shushfamyeet
how's everyone revising?

Personally I'm running through content quickly (definitions, purpose of moderators etc.) and doing lots of isaac physics questions
Reply 64
is isaac physics any good?

Its great for problem solving, which is what physics paper 2 will really focus on
Reply 66
how's everyone revising?

prayer
Original post by swnap
prayer

Lmao fr
Just saying, paper 1 barely had anything on energy and mechanics in general, and they normally love to assess these topics. I'm guessing there will be some suvat question with electric fields and an energy question with capacitors or thermodynamics.
Original post by Kingemperor07
Just saying, paper 1 barely had anything on energy and mechanics in general, and they normally love to assess these topics. I'm guessing there will be some suvat question with electric fields and an energy question with capacitors or thermodynamics.

Can they even do that?
Original post by Heisenberg66
Can they even do that?

I mean its just a hunch, these types of questions did come up in past papers, and I feel like these will come up again due to the lack of these topics being featured in the first paper.
paper predictions?
Original post by Achilles_AM
paper predictions?

Everything lol genuinely
Hopefully this isnt just pure problem solving, i swear paper 1 had 0 questions on explaining
Reply 74
yeah there should be some descriptive questions, perhaps a 6marker on nuclear waste or something. im alright at explaining as i can waffle, but with problem solving... my brain gets softlocked. i used to be smart but then lockdown happened and my IQ 📉
Original post by moonlight2460
Hopefully this isnt just pure problem solving, i swear paper 1 had 0 questions on explaining
Reply 75
I mean its just a hunch, these types of questions did come up in past papers, and I feel like these will come up again due to the lack of these topics being featured in the first paper.

so perhaps questions involving circular orbit as thats mechanics?
Original post by swnap
so perhaps questions involving circular orbit as thats mechanics?

Paper 2 uses a lot of skills from paper 1, so yeah there always is some kind of question relating circular motion to gravitational fields or magnetic fields. Even stuff like nuclear physics - it relies on your knowledge on Alpha, Beta and Gamma decay from paper 1.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 77
I hope we don’t get silly scenarios in paper 2. The surgery question in paper 1 had me baffled.😂
Reply 78
Original post by Bruce Wayne59875
Paper 2 uses a lot of skills from paper 1, so yeah there always is some kind of question relating circular motion to gravitational fields or magnetic fields. Even stuff like nuclear physics - it relies on your knowledge on Alpha, Beta and Gamma decay from paper 1.

hopefully nothing on nuclear radius & density. i was not taught that and i just remembered it exisisted. id say im helping to lower the grade boundaries but i dont think they could be made any lower... fml :redface:
Reply 79
Can someone explain why the sin (wt) in the second last step just disappears?
I attached a screen shot below

Spoiler

(quoting kingemperor because he/she is really good at explaining but anyone is free to help ofc lol)
(edited 10 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending