The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swnap
hopefully nothing on nuclear radius & density. i was not taught that and i just remembered it exisisted. id say im helping to lower the grade boundaries but i dont think they could be made any lower... fml :redface:

AQA were horrible in Paper 1. If Paper 2 is just as hard then they'll have to lower the boundaries even more so that's reassuring. It's a shame because I prepared so much for Paper 1 just for them to ask stupidly worded and styled questions - nothing of which I've ever seen in any past paper. :nothing:
Original post by Ak_5
Can someone explain why the sin (wt) in the second last step just disappears?
I attached a screen shot below

(quoting kingemperor because he/she is really good at explaining but anyone is free to help ofc lol)

I think because it is emf max and the largest sin0 can give is 1
Reply 82
Original post by cerealsnatcher
I think because it is emf max and the largest sin0 can give is 1

but why would sin be 0? would it not be 25 because thats the amount of rotations per second?
Original post by Ak_5
but why would sin be 0? would it not be 25 because thats the amount of rotations per second?

no like sin(theta) = 1
Reply 84
no like sin(theta) = 1

yes, theta here would be wt, w is 25 and t is 1, so it would be 25. unless i just fundamentally dont understand
Original post by Ak_5
Can someone explain why the sin (wt) in the second last step just disappears?
I attached a screen shot below

(quoting kingemperor because he/she is really good at explaining but anyone is free to help ofc lol)

When looking for maximum emf, it's always useful to consider the component of B which is 90 degrees to the surface of the coil. So when this angle rises to 90 degrees, sin 90 becomes one. Also, the maximum value of sin angle = 1 anyway. So whenever you need to find max emf, just make sin theta 1 - so it disappears.

hope this helped
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Ak_5
yes, theta here would be wt, w is 25 and t is 1, so it would be 25. unless i just fundamentally dont understand

brother you asked why it disappears i think because it wants max emf, the max value sin(theta) can return is 1 so it would just dissapear no?
Reply 87
Yall i reckon this paper gonna have more written qs but it could be another more problem solving oriented paper cause its aqa. But if it is more written i think there will be some good questions on nuclear reactors and fission and fusion process. Or talking about control rods.
Reply 88
Original post by Bruce Wayne59875
When looking for maximum emf, it's always useful to remember that this will occur when the field lines and the surface of the coil are *parallel to one another.
In other words, the angle at between the two is 90 degrees so sin(90) = 1. So the sin(wt) just disappears.

hope this helped

ahhh okay thank you
Reply 89
brother you asked why it disappears i think because it wants max emf, the max value sin(theta) can return is 1 so it would just dissapear no?

yes yes, thank you for your help i appreciate it
Reply 90
Also yall what year had the hardest past paper you did for paper 2?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Polp
Also yall what year had the hardest past paper you did for paper 2?

What time is your exam? or is it the same for every school
Reply 93
Original post by moonlight2460

Same for every school. Morning exam.
Original post by moonlight2460

Everyone starts at roughly the same time, but each school are given 30 minutes leeway
Reply 95
Ngl i forgot to learn about the safety aspects part of nuclear i just looked over it.
Reply 96
Good Luck yall
Original post by Polp
Good Luck yall

Gl
good luck <3 this will be the redemption paper 🙏
praying this isn't a stinker

Latest

Trending

Trending