The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pasankalla
when u draw a graph can u draw it in landscape or does it have to be portrait??

My teacher has said it can be either, as long as the graph takes up over 50% of the space provided horizontally and vertically. Can anyone else confirm please?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 41
Original post by pasankalla
when u draw a graph can u draw it in landscape or does it have to be portrait??

portrait
Reply 42
gl everyone!! last physics exam we can do this
Reply 43
Original post by kks_0013
My teacher has said it can be either, as long as the graph takes up over 50% of the space provided horizontally and vertically. Can anyone else confirm please?

yeah we were told the same. if it doesn't take up over 50% when portrait with a reasonable scale you are expected to do it landscape
Reply 44
Thanks!!
Reply 45
Just checking if anyone else got iron for 11 c ii
I did
(32x10^-3)/(((pi(4.52±0.02x10^-2/2)^2)-(pi(2.53±0.02x10^-2/2)^2))x4.1x10^-3)
=6934kgm-3 to 7728kgm-3
Then convert the gcm-3
Reply 46
I think did bur damn wtf how so you guys remember the exact calculations and numbers n shi??? Do u religious memorise it after u finish the paper to co.pare to othrr ppls?? How do u even have the tjme for that I'm baffled. Also its much easier if u just keep it in g/cm3 I did that
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 47
I think I redeemed myself :3 feeling hopeful
Original post by duckcorn
Just checking if anyone else got iron for 11 c ii
I did
(32x10^-3)/(((pi(4.52±0.02x10^-2/2)^2)-(pi(2.53±0.02x10^-2/2)^2))x4.1x10^-3)
=6934kgm-3 to 7728kgm-3
Then convert the gcm-3

i did
What a paper! Absolutely made up for the bad Paper 2, and weighted more heavily too, feeling good!
Reply 50
Easiest paper ever , should be triple digits for me hopefully
Reply 51
Don’t think there was any radioactivity this year?
Good paper though just the 6 market for neon gas I couldn’t think what to write?
Reply 52
Original post by caraxh31
Don’t think there was any radioactivity this year?
Good paper though just the 6 market for neon gas I couldn’t think what to write?

Its the current providing energy for the electrons to move up energy levels, then the electrons drop down energy level(s) and release a spesifkc amount of energy as a photon, which has a spesific frequency due to E=hf
Its the current providing energy for the electrons to move up energy levels, then the electrons drop down energy level(s) and release a spesifkc amount of energy as a photon, which has a spesific frequency due to E=hf

Kinetic energy from electron collisions causes the rise in energy level
Reply 54
Surprised there was no big questions on mechanics/further mechanics on that paper tbh
Reply 55

No the current doesnt provide the energy. The current heats up the electrode, the heat energy transfers to the neon atoms and causes thermionic emission of photons from the neon atoms.
Reply 56
How did people do the max v for the trolley, I ended up using the rms equation?
Reply 57
Original post by Kukelele

There is an equation on the formula sheet. V=-Awsinwt. You just had to use V=Aw where A is max displacement and is angular velocity 2pi/T
Reply 58
Original post by Kukelele

i used the SHM equation v = -Aw sin(wt) then the max for that is Aw and i worked them out with w = 2piF and A = 6cm
Reply 59
Original post by robbie1172
i used the SHM equation v = -Aw sin(wt) then the max for that is Aw and i worked them out with w = 2piF and A = 6cm

Aaaa i remember telling myself before the exam to remember that equation, damn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending