The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Guys for the capacitor question did you get capacitance out of range or within range of uncertainty?
Reply 81
Original post by PJ389
Guys for the capacitor question did you get capacitance out of range or within range of uncertainty?

outside
Reply 82
Original post by smithk1
for brightness of lamp what did everyone get. I put it stayed the same

I said that it would dim as the resistance of the bulb combination is less than 1 bulb so it takes less of the p.d. and as the resistance is constant less current flows through it so it is dimmer.
Reply 83
Outside the range
Original post by PJ389
Reply 84
very nice paper. half the questions were deja vu from past papers, nothing impossible or too confusing, but hey it's paper 3 so it's the mark scheme rather than the question that makes it hard
Reply 85
Original post by aee1798
Outside the range

I got like 274 microfarads
Reply 86
What did everyone say for the capacitor one.I wrote it was out of range
Reply 87
How much was that work function question out of
Reply 88
Original post by Me_43
How much was that work function question out of

4 i think
Reply 89
What was the answer to the last part of last questions.The density of the washer.i got it as iron
Reply 90
Use ke= hf - work function
Original post by Me_43
How you got that
Reply 91
Yeah I got iron too
Original post by faisal_345
What was the answer to the last part of last questions.The density of the washer.i got it as iron
Reply 92

i got 7.1 which is close to iron's 6.9 but it was out of 6 and they said things about uncertainty so i also calculated the possible range to conclude that iron is in it
Reply 93
For
I got 7.09 which was within the range for iron
Reply 94
How to do the first question about the diffraction pattern.i calculated the angle using nlambda=dsintheta and used tan theta to calculate x.i got something similar to what they given in question.
Original post by robbie1172
for the log graph one did anyone get y intercept at 3.08 and gradent as 0.21 ??

Got that, however it is asking for A0 , so the answer was actually around 22 something, but yh the y-intercept was 3.08-3.1
Original post by smithk1
for brightness of lamp what did everyone get. I put it stayed the same

Yh, wasn't it due to the voltage rule in parallel circuits, where the V remains constant?
Original post by smithk1
outside

Was it out or in? Did you use the 37% value?
Reply 98
Original post by GoldenAriesAndy
Was it out or in? Did you use the 37% value?

i used t=RC and 37 of the original value of V to find t.
Reply 99
How to do the first question about the diffraction pattern.i calculated the angle using nlambda=dsintheta and used tan theta to calculate x.i got something similar to what they given in question.

calculate d: 1 * 10^-3/300
nλ=dsinθ
nλ/d= sinθ
x=tanθ * D
multiply final answer by 1x10^6 to convert to microfarads
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending