The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You are meant to round up since you can’t have a decimal of a hedgehog so if it’s a decimal when talking about people or animals it goes up to the next number automatically
Original post by Yellowdried
You are meant to round up since you can’t have a decimal of a hedgehog so if it’s a decimal when talking about people or animals it goes up to the next number automatically

surely you would round down because if it’s decimal 0.6 where is the other 0.4 of the hedgehog coming from
Reply 62
(Original post by elliekeieiieke)surely you would round down because if it’s decimal 0.6 where is the other 0.4 of the hedgehog coming from

but its an estimate
Reply 63
i said clary for the spinner question because she found relative frequency (thus accounting for both amount of times spun and gotten red) whereas the others' statements only accounted for one thing. but maybe i misinterpreted the question
Original post by elliekeieiieke
surely you would round down because if it’s decimal 0.6 where is the other 0.4 of the hedgehog coming from

Original post by moonxp
(Original post by elliekeieiieke)surely you would round down because if it’s decimal 0.6 where is the other 0.4 of the hedgehog coming from

but its an estimate

Yh what that guy said so it is 81373 not 81372. Also the actual answer is 81372.6976, you would round up regardless so you are definitely wrong but you will only lose one mark anyways.
Reply 65
hi guys for the ratio question i got k=1.5 but it should have been 6. i did all the correct working, just with the wrong values, so i ended up getting 3:20 but it should have been 3:5. it was 4 marks, how many do u think i would get? because its error carries forward for the whole thing basically
Reply 66
also guys what do u think the grade boundary for a 9 will be this year for aqa gcse higher maths? it was 214/240 last year but the papers last year for maths were wayyy easier and they had information. personally i think maybe 206/240 or 208/240 something like that maybe?
it was good thankfully

and hopefully i pass and get that grade 4 and that is wht im praying for
Reply 68
What did you guys get for the question where it asked whether the guy gets home by 2:30 pm or not?
Reply 69
Was the scale factor -1/2 in enlargement? How many points was this question?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Sepulka
Was the scale factor -1/2 in enlargement? How many points was this question?

yep but u also had to say the centre of enlargement i think it was (7,4) it was 3 marks
Reply 71
Original post by DiyaSarker
What did you guys get for the question where it asked whether the guy gets home by 2:30 pm or not?

i said yes because he gets home at 2:28 or something like that
Reply 72
Original post by oudayas
yep but u also had to say the centre of enlargement i think it was (7,4) it was 3 marks

thank you! Somehow I bricked and forgot the centre of enlargement. Hopefully they give 2 out of 3 :frown:
Reply 73
Original post by Sepulka
thank you! Somehow I bricked and forgot the centre of enlargement. Hopefully they give 2 out of 3 :frown:

no problem! dont worry, u will get 2 put of 3! and im sure about that. with transformation questions like this theyre always 3 marks.
1 mark for saying enlargement
1 mark for saying the scale factor
1 mark for centre of enlargement
im very sure u will get 2 out of 3!
Original post by zelia5
i said clary for the spinner question because she found relative frequency (thus accounting for both amount of times spun and gotten red) whereas the others' statements only accounted for one thing. but maybe i misinterpreted the question

I did the same thing, the answer is Ben but it’s fine it was only a mark so no biggie
Reply 75
i got 854 and 792 for cube. anyone else? also how do you do it
Original post by AP-35K
What was the answer for the National insurance question? I got £3,792.15 not sure if it is correct or not.

i got that also
Reply 77
i did 9x8x12 to get 864 but then the side elevation had a 2x3 cuboid missing and you dont know how long the cuboid is so it could have been a gap for only one square, so i did 864 - (2x3x1) for max - 858 or something and then for min the cuboid could have had 12 cubes ion it so 864 - (2x3x12)
i got 165 for the minimum i think, not completely sure tho (the elevations question)
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by oudayas
also guys what do u think the grade boundary for a 9 will be this year for aqa gcse higher maths? it was 214/240 last year but the papers last year for maths were wayyy easier and they had information. personally i think maybe 206/240 or 208/240 something like that maybe?

surely they will be lower this year, last years papers were a joke

Latest

Trending

Trending