The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
For do the brothers get more than £430 I put yes, they all got like £437.50. Did anyone else get that?

Also for the trig question was it tan rule I can't remember what answer I got
Original post by Yellowdried
If anyone can explain to me step by step how you got your answer for the maximum and minimum cube question if you think you got the right answer? I was confused as hell

I got 792 for the maximum and 165 for the minimum.
For the maximum you can draw a sketch of the shape by connecting the rectangle you get for the front elevation to the weird shape you get for the side elevation and then filling in the shape to make a 3d shape. Then you can work out the volume of the shape you get and that will be the number of centimetre length cubes you need. This should give you 792.
For the minimum you can draw a sketch of the shape by again connecting the rectangle and the weird shape you get for the side elevation. However, this time you should increase the depth of the shape you get by 1 cm so its not completely filled in like you did for the maximum. The calculation for this one is the (volume of the weird shape)+(volume of the rectangle)-(volume of the area where the rectangle and the weird shape connect). So you should get (66)+(108)-(9)=165.
I've tried to explain it as well as I could and I hope it makes sense but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask! I'll try my best to answer them.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by tara_maths55
Yeah same but i got like 792 or sm and then the minimum i gave up on

same here
yh thats what i got :smile:

Original post by CriticalZero
I got 792 for the maximum and 165 for the minimum.
For the maximum you can draw a sketch of the shape by connecting the rectangle you get for the front elevation to the weird shape you get for the side elevation and then filling in the shape to make a 3d shape. Then you can work out the volume of the shape you get and that will be the number of centimetre length cubes you need. This should give you 792.
For the minimum you can draw a sketch of the shape by again connecting the rectangle and the weird shape you get for the side elevation. However, this time you should increase the depth of the shape you get by 1 cm so its not completely filled in like you did for the minimum. The calculation for this one is the (area of the weird shape)+(area of the rectangle)-(area of the area where the rectangle and the weird shape connect). So you should get (66)+(108)-(9)=165.
I've tried to explain it as well as I could and I hope it makes sense but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask! I'll try my best to answer them.
Reply 84
Original post by ndjfghrjfdke__
surely they will be lower this year, last years papers were a joke

what do u think it will be for a 9?
Original post by ka2209
For do the brothers get more than £430 I put yes, they all got like £437.50. Did anyone else get that?

Also for the trig question was it tan rule I can't remember what answer I got

yh i got £437.50, the trig question was the tan rule but i cant remember what the question was
Reply 86
Original post by oudayas
hi guys for the ratio question i got k=1.5 but it should have been 6. i did all the correct working, just with the wrong values, so i ended up getting 3:20 but it should have been 3:5. it was 4 marks, how many do u think i would get? because its error carries forward for the whole thing basically

I GOT 3:20 TOO, but idk if its wrong. How many marks would i get
Reply 87
For the estimate question did people get 0.025 and the reason the estimate is higher is because she rounded down which therefore gives a bigger answer?
Reply 88
Original post by moonxp
I GOT 3:20 TOO, but idk if its wrong. How many marks would i get

thats so weird how did we both make the same mistake. i asked my teacher he said 2 or 3 /4 for error carried forward
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 89
Original post by oudayas
no problem! dont worry, u will get 2 put of 3! and im sure about that. with transformation questions like this theyre always 3 marks.
1 mark for saying enlargement
1 mark for saying the scale factor
1 mark for centre of enlargement
im very sure u will get 2 out of 3!

instead of saying centre of enlargment i said: about the point(7,4) is that correct?
Reply 90
Original post by oudayas
thats so weird how did we both make the same mistake. i asked my teacher he said 2 or 3 /4 for error carried forward

fr, but ig idm having 2/3 out of 4, atleast im getting marks right?
Reply 91
Original post by anamshah0010
What did everyone get for the last one? (The bearings)

Reply 92
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for any of the maths papers ? (aqa higher)
Reply 93
Original post by fariahkhan

btw i got 234 and a decimal next to it but it rounds to 234, i never rounded it and kept it in a decimal. Am i wrong?
Reply 94
for the last question i got 234 and a decimal next to it but it rounds to 234, i never rounded it and kept it in a decimal. Am i wrong?
Reply 95
Original post by moonxp
btw i got 234 and a decimal next to it but it rounds to 234, i never rounded it and kept it in a decimal. Am i wrong?

nope, youre actually correct, bearings shouldnt be with decimals. youll get full marks on that!
Reply 96
Original post by oudayas
nope, youre actually correct, bearings shouldnt be with decimals. youll get full marks on that!

i put a decimal helppp :frown:
Reply 97
Original post by DiyaSarker
What did you guys get for the question where it asked whether the guy gets home by 2:30 pm or not?

He had 5.5 hours to make it home by 2:30pm, and his journey took just slight less than that.
Reply 98
Original post by moonxp
instead of saying centre of enlargment i said: about the point(7,4) is that correct?

im not sure, i want to say yes because its true it is about point 7,4 but i think u have to specifically say centre of enlargement but honestly im not sure
Reply 99
Original post by moonxp
i put a decimal helppp :frown:

sorry i was wrong, its usually without a decimal, but i think a decimal is also allowed so youll get the marks!

Latest

Trending

Trending