The Student Room Group

After graduation when does access to student discount stuff stop?

Will be graduating and I'm a huge geek for financial news, where I read the FT and Bloomberg nearly everyday. Its super cheap with the university discount and I don't have a job coming up, so I was wondering will I lose access to it? When would it happen? Will it be the same time as emails expire?

Would appreciate any input from anyone who has recently experienced this, thanks!!
Original post by Anonymous
Will be graduating and I'm a huge geek for financial news, where I read the FT and Bloomberg nearly everyday. Its super cheap with the university discount and I don't have a job coming up, so I was wondering will I lose access to it? When would it happen? Will it be the same time as emails expire?

Would appreciate any input from anyone who has recently experienced this, thanks!!

I downloaded the FT app on my phone while still at uni (signed in with my uni's subscription), and it still works almost two years after graduating! The login has expired so if the app ever logs me out I won't be able to get back in, but until then I mysteriously do still have access :lol:
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
I downloaded the FT app on my phone while still at uni (signed in with my uni's subscription), and it still works almost two years after graduating! The login has expired so if the app ever logs me out I won't be able to get back in, but until then I mysteriously do still have access :lol:

haha thats sick!

how do you know if the login has expired?
Reply 3
haha thats sick!

perhaps it hasnt expired but you dont know as you havent logged in...
haha thats sick!

Because I can't log in on another device (i.e. that I am not already logged into) as it tells me the login is not valid.

Hi there,
From experience, it depends on the university and also on what you're getting discount for. For example, my student card had an expiry date whereas my friend's didn't, so they kept using their card for quite a while after graduation. Certainly anything I had hooked up to my uni email, if I was logged out, I wasn't able to log back in if I'd forgotten the password. Hopefully someone can advise more specifically on FT/Bloomberg.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Reply 6
Original post by StudentRoost Rep
Hi there,
From experience, it depends on the university and also on what you're getting discount for. For example, my student card had an expiry date whereas my friend's didn't, so they kept using their card for quite a while after graduation. Certainly anything I had hooked up to my uni email, if I was logged out, I wasn't able to log back in if I'd forgotten the password. Hopefully someone can advise more specifically on FT/Bloomberg.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

thanks sophie! so if you remembered your password, you can go log in and out and everything was okay?

Hi there,

I am not sure about this specific app, but most other student discount apps such as Unidays and Student Beans use your university email as a form of verification (same applies for some retailers offering student discounts). I would imagine you can verify your student status for as long as you have access to your uni email.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
thanks sophie! so if you remembered your password, you can go log in and out and everything was okay?

Hi there,
Depends! There are some where I logged back in and they were fine and others where I was no longer able to get my discount.

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending