The Student Room Group

NxBus Fined me for no Student ID

Today, I was charged £50 despite having student NxBus pass. I am a student in Birmingham and I bought an NxBus student pass for 4 weeks. After which I mailed my proof of student to NxBux and got a reply saying that it is accepted and approved. But today, I was on my way to part-time job and I didn't had my school/University ID on me as I was in a hurry (To be Frank why would someone carry there student ID to job or party or any other places other than uni). As I didn't had ID, I was fined.

Is it legit?

Will it be waived off if we can provide the student ID later ?

What to do in such cases?
Original post by Chandhu
Today, I was charged £50 despite having student NxBus pass. I am a student in Birmingham and I bought an NxBus student pass for 4 weeks. After which I mailed my proof of student to NxBux and got a reply saying that it is accepted and approved. But today, I was on my way to part-time job and I didn't had my school/University ID on me as I was in a hurry (To be Frank why would someone carry there student ID to job or party or any other places other than uni). As I didn't had ID, I was fined.

Is it legit?

I know here in Sheffield we still have to have our ID present and drivers can refuse to accept your student ticket if you can’t produce it when asked. That’s via an app that verifies your student status. Doesn’t happen often but every now and then I’m asked for it.

I keep mine on me all the time as you never know where you’ll end up that does a student discount 😂

I’d try to appeal but I’m sure you’ll find, somewhere in the passes T&Cs, that you still need to be able to present your student ID.

Edit: I had a look at their website and yes, you still need to present it if requested. FB45DDD3-9874-4C9C-BE00-83848D73D595.jpeg
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Chandhu
(To be Frank why would someone carry there student ID to job or party or any other places other than uni).

I still have mine in my phone case despite graduating 8 months ago. Put it in your phone or wallet so that you have it on you at all times.

You could try appealing it, but they didn't actually do anything wrong.
Original post by Chandhu

Is it legit?

You always have to carry the evidence with you if you are travelling in a discount ticket. 100% of the time. That's the deal. Trains, buses, whatever. Don't waste your time trying to appeal it. T&Cs will be quite clear.
Reply 4
Original post by Chandhu

Is it legit?

I faced the same today. Did you do something about it? Was it refunded?
Original post by Yavanica
I faced the same today. Did you do something about it? Was it refunded?

I had the same issue as well , what did you guys do so far to solve this problem?
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending