The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

St James Accomodation

If I were to attend EHU my course would be at the St James location, which I was unaware of before I made the 8-hour round trip to the open day last year. I want to live in the halls, so does anyone know if this would be on the main campus or is there a separate accommodation place for the St James students as there isn't much on the website about it. Its a bit saddening if it is a separate accommodation as I really clicked with the Chancellors accommodation which I haven't yet with any other uni. (entry 2019)
Original post by set7029
If I were to attend EHU my course would be at the St James location, which I was unaware of before I made the 8-hour round trip to the open day last year. I want to live in the halls, so does anyone know if this would be on the main campus or is there a separate accommodation place for the St James students as there isn't much on the website about it. Its a bit saddening if it is a separate accommodation as I really clicked with the Chancellors accommodation which I haven't yet with any other uni. (entry 2019)

Hi set7029,

I've spoken to our accommodation team to check the options available for St James students. They've advised that you could apply for halls on the Ormskirk site if you'd like, however, it may not be the most convenient option for you as this would mean regularly travelling back and forth between Ormskirk and Manchester which may get very time consuming/costly.

Our accommodation team can provide you with a list of suggested student accommodation providers in Manchester or you can see some of the properties currently available at: www.manchesterstudenthomes.com/Accommodation

They have suggested getting in touch with them to discuss the options in more detail so they can help you find the best one for you. You can reach them on [email protected] or 01695 584200, or if you have any more questions I'd be happy to pass them on for you :smile:

Hannah
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
[QUOTE="University;77092640" Edge="Edge" Hill="Hill"]Hi set7029,

I've spoken to our accommodation team to check the options available for St James students. They've advised that you could apply for halls on the Ormskirk site if you'd like, however, it may not be the most convenient option for you as this would mean regularly travelling back and forth between Ormskirk and Manchester which may get very time consuming/costly.

Our accommodation team can provide you with a list of suggested student accommodation providers in Manchester or you can see some of the properties currently available at: www.manchesterstudenthomes.com/Accommodation

They have suggested getting in touch with them to discuss the options in more detail so they can help you find the best one for you. You can reach them on [email protected] or 01695 584200, or if you have any more questions I'd be happy to pass them on for you :smile:

Hannah[/QUOTE

Sorry to jump in on this conversation, but I was at Edge hill uni with my daughter on sat 17th . We spoke to your accommodation team on 2 occasions and both times they told us that they had no information for students at st James. There words were “you need to look and sort it out” I was taken aback by this mainly because I don’t know the area of Manchester or where to start looking. It’s not a great start for my daughter if we carnt find her anywhere near the uni to live.
We will look at your information above to start with.
Sally.
Original post by sally clutton
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi set7029,

Hannah[/QUOTE

Sorry to jump in on this conversation, but I was at Edge hill uni with my daughter on sat 17th . We spoke to your accommodation team on 2 occasions and both times they told us that they had no information for students at st James. There words were “you need to look and sort it out” I was taken aback by this mainly because I don’t know the area of Manchester or where to start looking. It’s not a great start for my daughter if we carnt find her anywhere near the uni to live.
We will look at your information above to start with.
Sally.

Hi @sally clutton,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get the information you were looking for at our Open day. We do have a useful accommodation page on our website that may help you find accommodation in Manchester.

I hope this helps, but please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you need any help.

Thanks,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Hi,

I wanted to ask as I will be going to uni in September and staying off campus for this year,
Will the university provide any discounts on public transport such as going on a train, bus or any sort of that? I want to have convenient and accessible public travel from uni to home. So plz let ms know. Cheers
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I wanted to ask as I will be going to uni in September and staying off campus for this year,
Will the university provide any discounts on public transport such as going on a train, bus or any sort of that? I want to have convenient and accessible public travel from uni to home. So plz let ms know. Cheers

Pls, do let me know, I will be waiting for ur reply
Hi,

Hi,

As far as I aware the university doesn't provide any discounts for travel. However there is a free bus that goes between Ormskirk and the university which is around a 5 minute journey with them being every 20 minutes.
I've linked here a page that has some information overall on ways of travelling to university and some information cheaper / discounted tickets ava you can purchase such as a 16-25 railcard for example.

There is also a commuters breakfast on Tuesdays and Thursdays (days may change by September) which can be a good way to meet other people living off campus.

Hope that helps!:smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Hi,

So, does that mean the free bus from the university is free for a year and you can go anywhere at different timing? To Ormskirk and the university. The reason why as I mentioned before, I won't be living on campus this year in September, so I have to come to the university and attend my lessons I will have to come by train and after getting the stagecoach bus that is 2A I have to walk it to the university for 10 minutes. So, any discounts/ half prices for students when travelling by bus? Any links or anything would be great.
Hi,

So, does that mean the free bus from the university is free for a year and you can go anywhere at different timing? To Ormskirk and the university. The reason why as I mentioned before, I won't be living on campus this year in September, so I have to come to the university and attend my lessons I will have to come by train and after getting the stagecoach bus that is 2A I have to walk it to the university for 10 minutes. So, any discounts/ half prices for students when travelling by bus? Any links or anything would be great.

Hi,

The Edge Link Bus is free for your entire time at university you just have to show your student id card. With the route for this being the bus station, I think a stop called the playing fields which stops near graduates court then there is the stop near Main Halls/Forest Court and then the last stop is the Creative Edge and then goes back to the bus station on continues the route for the rest of the operating hours. With the link I provided previously (and linked below) it shows the different bus times specifically for Wednesday which operates later hours because of it being social night. However there is reduced hours for Saturday and the bus doesn't operate on Sundays.

The university doesn't provide any discounts or deals however you may be able to find discounts on trains and bus tickets that for example as previously mentioned a 16-25 railcard will provide you with 1/3 off your train tickets other options to save are highlighted in that page such as 4,13 and 52 week Megarider or a Preston Megarider which includes Ormskirk in the travel zones.

Heres the page I linked previously which has the Edge Link bus timetable, helpful resources under the bus section which highlights some cheaper tickets that are available through Stagecoach.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending