The Student Room Group

Ac.uk email adress

I’m really confused about where I should be getting an ac.uk email adress from as a lot of the discounts I’m using because things are to expensive have changed to it
Are you a current student? At school? College? University? In the UK? Does that institution provide you with an e-mail address? Does it not end ".ac.uk"?
Original post by Kadiwalker
I’m really confused about where I should be getting an ac.uk email adress from as a lot of the discounts I’m using because things are to expensive have changed to it

If you are a student at an academic institution in the UK you will be provided with one.
Reply 3
If you have been a student of The Open University, you will get an email address in the form [email protected]

Now although the office365 subscription will expire 2 years after your last course, your email will continue to work. I graduated 2018, a BSc (Hons) 1st Class, in Environmental Science, and I am still able to log into my outlook email - but unfortunately the password does not work if I try to log into the Microsoft passport to use the other MS apps, like word, excel etc

I haven't been able to confirm if my outlook is only working because I've never signed out again, or whether it's actually for life. I'm fairly sure it's a perk of being Open Uni Alumni, but don't quote me on that. It works for me still, that's what matters. But not the rest of the Microsoft passport.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Michael
Reply 4
I jumped the gun RE: email... it stopped working - call me para, but either that's some coincidence or OU IT staff monitor this board 😆

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending