The Student Room Group

Someone I need serious help with physics

Can someone give me advice on how to improve with A-level physics ocr?
I am struggling greatly but I have no clue why it feels like I understand the work but I still get U's. I honestly need a guide for dummies, I don't know what to do. Also, I didn't take A-level maths which makes it even worse, but I have a whole summer and plan to revise to at least get a C in the retake but I need a methodical working plan fowards. Any tips.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjwk2cxt3rw2q14/Physics_A_Level.pdf?dl=0

Here's my notes. Please do crosscheck stuff with your books/ mark scheme because I might be taking different exam board, and the specifications might have been updated. (You can find your own set of notes of course)

First step, just go through all the topics and learn by heart everything. That should get you at least a D (explanation question score lots of mark, and if you learnt my notes you can answer almost all of it).

Then try to understand why it works that way, especially the equations. Practice past paper to understand how to use the equation. You should be able to answer all the explanation question, if not go back to the notes, or add the mark scheme answer to your notes if it's not there and learn it. Rinse and repeat.

However, if you're pressed on time, just learn the notes like a parrot. It sadden me a bit to say this, but until you can recite your notes, don't bother with anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest