The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

Is physics a level an entry requirement for mechanical engineering?
Do any universities accept PE A level as a science subject
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Juliebloomfield
Thank you

You'd need to check each uni's specific subject requirements, however I believe that physics and/or maths is usually required. I also don't think that A Level PE is classified as a science subject
(edited 6 months ago)
Thank you

At most universities physics is required although there is some variation (some unis may accept other combinations such as mathematics with mechanics or maths & FM).

PE is not relevant to mechanical engineering & I’ve never seen this considered as an alternative for maths & physics.
Thank you

As above most universities will require A-level Maths and A-level Physics for direct entry, although a few might just accept any science (which is generally considered to mean "core" sciences i.e. physics/chemistry/biology) and A-level Maths.

If you don't have those subjects you would need to be looking at degree courses with a foundation year which are designed for people who didn't take the "right" subjects in school :smile:

I serious doubt PE would be accepted in lieu of a core science subject. I would actually suggest that if a uni would accept that in lieu of one of those for engineering it might be a negative sign of the quality of the course, frankly :s-smilie:
Original post by artful_lounger
As above most universities will require A-level Maths and A-level Physics for direct entry, although a few might just accept any science (which is generally considered to mean "core" sciences i.e. physics/chemistry/biology) and A-level Maths.

If you don't have those subjects you would need to be looking at degree courses with a foundation year which are designed for people who didn't take the "right" subjects in school :smile:

I serious doubt PE would be accepted in lieu of a core science subject. I would actually suggest that if a uni would accept that in lieu of one of those for engineering it might be a negative sign of the quality of the course, frankly :s-smilie:

Thank you very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest