The Student Room Group

jaw looks normal but feels weird after being punched

it kinda hurts to talk but it's not like, unbearable. the pain seems to be located mostly where the joints are, below my cheekbone? in a weird way it feels kinda numb tho, idk how to describe it, like it isn't even mine anymore. like a foreign/zombie body part, and i don't like it/ im really worried about my back teeth too. they seem ok but is it possible that there might be some damage that won't show straight away? like structural damage/cracks? please help imfeeling extremely paranoid:<<
I think you should see a dentist
Original post by Ciel.
it kinda hurts to talk but it's not like, unbearable. the pain seems to be located mostly where the joints are, below my cheekbone? in a weird way it feels kinda numb tho, idk how to describe it, like it isn't even mine anymore. like a foreign/zombie body part, and i don't like it/ im really worried about my back teeth too. they seem ok but is it possible that there might be some damage that won't show straight away? like structural damage/cracks? please help imfeeling extremely paranoid:<<

What happened? Is this Mr Ciel's doing?
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
What happened? Is this Mr Ciel's doing?

drunken arguments are always fun
Original post by Ciel.
drunken arguments are always fun

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that, Ciel. I know you've had some problems recently - i.e. more than normal.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Oh dear. Sorry to hear that, Ciel. I know you've had some problems recently - i.e. more than normal.

haha, trouble always finds me
Trauma and physical injury can both result in numbing sensations, short to medium term.
Sometimes after being punched the numbness is connected to damage to the trigeminal nerve which is connected to the brain stem.
Hopefully you will only have short term damage. :crossedf:

Your partner needs to take control of that temper of his and stop using his fists on you.
With every incident where he gets violent or drunk and aggressive, he is risking inflicting a very serious injury on you.
The risks are even higher considering your weight and all the other health issues which may make you more vulnerable to pain or adversely impact upon your ability to recover from injuries.

Every act of violence also risks earning him a criminal record, ruining his own career, wrecking his personal reputation and ending up with him coming to the attention of the police or local authorities as a violent domestic abuser.
He must know all this.
Remind him how grave the consequences of violent fighting have been for other high achieving professional men in britain & usa after they got angry or very drunk, abandoned all self-restraint and allowed their fists to do the talking.
The violence has to stop now.
Before someone ends up in a prison cell, permanently crippled, on life support or in the morgue.
:hugs:
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
Trauma and physical injury can both result in numbing sensations, short to medium term.
Sometimes after being punched the numbness is connected to damage to the trigeminal nerve which is connected to the brain stem.
Hopefully you will only have short term damage. :crossedf:

Your partner needs to take control of that temper of his and stop using his fists on you.
With every incident where he gets violent or drunk and aggressive, he is risking inflicting a very serious injury on you.
The risks are even higher considering your weight and all the other health issues which may make you more vulnerable to pain or adversely impact upon your ability to recover from injuries.

Every act of violence also risks earning him a criminal record, ruining his own career, wrecking his personal reputation and ending up with him coming to the attention of the police or local authorities as a violent domestic abuser.
He must know all this.
Remind him how grave the consequences of violent fighting have been for other high achieving professional men in britain & usa after they got angry or very drunk, abandoned all self-restraint and allowed their fists to do the talking.
The violence has to stop now.
Before someone ends up in a prison cell, permanently crippled, on life support or in the morgue.

thanks, yeah hopefully it's nothing serious.. it doesn't hurt as much anymore which is a good sign

eh. tbh it was kinda deserved. i can be really ******* horrible sometimes. my depression (yay, another relapse) is just ruining both our lives
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
thanks, yeah hopefully it's nothing serious.. it doesn't hurt as much anymore which is a good sign

eh. tbh it was kinda deserved. i can be really ******* horrible sometimes. my depression (yay, another relapse) is just ruining both our lives

Your depression doesn't justify his violence in any way at all.

Maybe you both need to move on from this relationship before one of you gets seriously hurt, and the other finds they have serious regrets. It doesn't sound like the relationship is working.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I fear your comment will fall on deaf ears. Ciel has been in this toxic, abusive relationship for years and has made it clear he has no intention of leaving his boyfriend. Another reason is that Ciel doesn't work and has said he is maintained financially virtually 100% by his boyfriend.

It doesn't mean it isn't worth saying.
Additionally, there are potential routes of financial support (one of which is employment if Ciel doesn't have a job already), but benefits are another route which Ciel should explore to ensure they are claiming everything they can.

I appreciate this may be insensitive, but I wouldn't put up with physical abuse from anyone (one guy did it once, never again). But if Ciel cheats too, then why stay in this situation??
Reply 12
little late bro this is 8 months old

Quick Reply

Latest