The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi,
I got 2780 Band 2 in my Ucat, A*A*A* in my predictors and 9999999988887 in my gcses (and an A in fsmq though I don’t think that counts for much) and I’m struggling between deciding to apply for Manchester or Sheffield as I’m not sure the chances of getting an interview because of my ucat? (I’m already pretty much decided on applying to Kings, Leeds, and Birmingham)
Thanks in advance
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Hi guys, id appreciate it if you could lmk if i can possibly receive interviews for the following dentistry universities : KCL, QMUL, Manchester and Liverpool and an interview for my fifth option which is KCL Pharmacy. I have achieved a levels of A*AA, gcses which are 99999987776 and ucat is 2720 band 1, no contextual. Also what other universities would you recommend for these results? thanks
Guys has anyone received the non academic information form thing that manchester sends out.
Original post by Ahmetask38
Guys has anyone received the non academic information form thing that manchester sends out.

Nope

Manchester only sends the form to applicants who have been given an interview, UCAT scores (used to determine who gets an interview) are only delivered to unis in Nov so don't worry if they haven't come just yet :smile:, they'll probably come after Nov
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by toothysmile
Manchester only sends the form to applicants who have been given an interview, UCAT scores (used to determine who gets an interview) are only delivered to unis in Nov so don't worry if they haven't come just yet :smile:, they'll probably come after Nov

But how can they send it after an interview when they use it to give you an interview
But how can they send it after an interview when they use it to give you an interview

sorry my bad, just double checked with my notes - i think they may use the form for applicants around the cut off point but it still should probably be sent after Nov.
I haven't received an acknowledgement yet and I applied on the 13th. Is anyone else in the same situation and do I call them up?
Original post by Coalmine06
I haven't received an acknowledgement yet and I applied on the 13th. Is anyone else in the same situation and do I call them up?

Yh i would call them real quick bro cos i submitted 15th and got it
Yh i would call them real quick bro cos i submitted 15th and got it

What did urs say?
Original post by Coalmine06
What did urs say?

It was just an acknowledgement email that they received my application nothing too much
Reply 32
Manchester say at the bottom of their application process on their website if you don’t receive the NAIF by the end of Oct let us know.. has anyone received it?
Original post by emilka03
Manchester say at the bottom of their application process on their website if you don’t receive the NAIF by the end of Oct let us know.. has anyone received it?

I havent tbf idk if we should contact them
Reply 34
Hi, I have not received the NAIF either and I did send them an email on Thurs evening about this and got an automated reply stating they have received my email. Hope this helps you all. Good luck with your applications.
Reply 35
Is this correct, because it states on their website "Each applicant to study dentistry at The University of Manchester must complete an online information form with respect to non-academic activities", so surely everyone should get it?

I have just received mine today by the way :smile:

Original post by toothysmile
sorry my bad, just double checked with my notes - i think they may use the form for applicants around the cut off point but it still should probably be sent after Nov.
I realised today that my email address on ucas has been suspended by my school so i wasn't actually able to receive emails. could someone please let me know when is the deadline for the non-academic form
Reply 37
Original post by CarrotFluff
I realised today that my email address on ucas has been suspended by my school so i wasn't actually able to receive emails. could someone please let me know when is the deadline for the non-academic form

The deadline in the email I got is Friday 10th November 12pm (GMT)
Original post by RayTurtle
The deadline in the email I got is Friday 10th November 12pm (GMT)

oh my gosh thank you so much for replying. i was majorly stressing out because i saw a post saying it was november 4th for medicine applicant last year. good luck to you on your application!
Reply 39
Original post by CarrotFluff
oh my gosh thank you so much for replying. i was majorly stressing out because i saw a post saying it was november 4th for medicine applicant last year. good luck to you on your application!

You are most welcome. Please do double check with others as I only know the deadline in my email. Best of luck to you in your application too.

Quick Reply

Latest