The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Winterbear5
oh what was ur ucat if you don't mind me asking

2620 low ucat was the reason they gave me
(edited 4 months ago)
yh this year cut off is 2820. https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/study/dentistry/apply/statistics/ if u got that or above enjoy ur interview :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by rohans0078
yh this year cut off is 2820. https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/study/dentistry/apply/statistics/ if u got that or above enjoy ur interview :smile:

But last year, loads of people on the thread who were non-contextual got an interview despite being lower than the cut off? (i.e ; cut off was 2800 but they got 2750?)
Original post by Smile_X

But last year, loads of people on the thread who were non-contextual got an interview despite being lower than the cut off? (i.e ; cut off was 2800 but they got 2750?)

if you are lower than the cut off then they look at your application holistically
Original post by smokeless-brand
if you are lower than the cut off then they look at your application holistically

yeah last year I got 2760 but got an interview but I don't understand how they look at your application holistically
Reply 65
Original post by Winterbear5
yeah last year I got 2760 but got an interview but I don't understand how they look at your application holistically

Can I ask how many days work experience you did? I got a similar score but I'm worried because I only did 3 days in a dental practice (but also did hospital volunteering and pharmacy wex )
Hi guyss i just realised I made a mistake on my NAIF. I wrote project-based learning instead of problem based learning :frown:((. Do you think this will really hinder me (considering I'm banking on holistic assessment bc my ucat is lower than the cut off)?
Reply 67
Original post by YasminXoXo
Hi guyss i just realised I made a mistake on my NAIF. I wrote project-based learning instead of problem based learning :frown:((. Do you think this will really hinder me (considering I'm banking on holistic assessment bc my ucat is lower than the cut off)?

What’s the point in stressing now?
Can you do anything about it?
Reply 68
Original post by oonagghbonner
Didn’t get accepted for a place. Not even an interview. Manchester was defs out of my league though but worth a shot as love Manchester
My UCAT 2680
GCSE’s 7A* 3A
AS - AAAA
Waiting to hear from Liverpool, Queens Belfast and Glasgow..gulp.
My 5th choice was Mathematics with Finance and have received an offer from Queens Belfast.

Same, got rejected last week :frown:
Original post by YasminXoXo

That's okay they only look at NAIF at the actual interview if that makes sense so it won't exactly hinder your chances of getting an interview.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Smile_X
Can I ask how many days work experience you did? I got a similar score but I'm worried because I only did 3 days in a dental practice (but also did hospital volunteering and pharmacy wex )

I did one week at a dental clinic and 6 months volunteering at a hospital. I think you should be fine:smile:
Reply 71
Original post by grey-accompanime
what band?

Band 1 :smile:
Original post by rohans0078

I think thats last years cos it says the previous 5 years ucat cut offs also why would they send it now before anyone gets intervoews
Original post by Ahmetask38
I think thats last years cos it says the previous 5 years ucat cut offs also why would they send it now before anyone gets intervoews

No that is this year's cutoff
just got an interview
just got an interview as well! ucat : 2770 B2, non-contextual, home :smile:
For the people who got an interview, would u prefer in campus or an online interview
For the people who got an interview, would u prefer in campus or an online interview

I’m doing campus but that’s because I live close by
Original post by smokeless-brand
just got an interview

UCAT - 2880 Band 1
Reply 79

Do they give you a choice?

Quick Reply

Latest