The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 (9BS0 03) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

i’m so worried for this paper icl. i need 3 As for uni and my performance on the first 2 papers was shambolic. i don’t know what happened - business is my easiest subject but i’ve found the exams the hardest… i need extremely high marks on paper 3 to even get close to an A unless the grade boundaries are super low :frown:
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by iamconfusionnn
i’m so worried for this paper icl. i need 3 As for uni and my performance on the first 2 papers was shambolic. i don’t know what happened - business is my easiest subject but i’ve found the exams the hardest… i need extremely high marks on paper 3 to even get close to an A unless the grade boundaries are super low :frown:

just go over the content and some key topics i think i've mentioned it before you'll be fine.... i'm going over content all over again just to make sure I know everything but tomorrows my last A level exam a bit stressed but excited to finish
how many papers do you have left all together?
oh and does anyone think that we should revise formulas for tomorrows exam because there are no 4 markers ?

Seems good thanks
you know the tutor 2 u people said you don't need any research for the paper you could still get high marks by using the case studies only. Apparently the pre- release was used as a selling point by edexcel in 2015 to make them look better than AQA like what the hell! and the paper is written in such a way that you don't need any research but it doesn't hurt to know some facts and have knowledge about some facts of the car industry
oh an also when it says car industry it could mean manufacturers, service providers or even a car wash business ..... it is so broad that it is actually difficult to research but at least the pre release gives a little hint on what the paper will be like :/
yeah people r doing way too much research focus on the syllabus stuff instead
Reply 46
Don't quote me on any of this but topics which I think are especially relevant to the car industry (considering the pre-release which I know is brief)...

Quality management
Methods of production (flow? Cell? Capital intensive? JIT? Lean production? Kaizen?)
Financial and non-financial incentives (especially commission)
The staff as an asset/cost (especially considering the importance of customer service to retain loyal customers)
Leader/entrepreneur skills/characteristics
Almost certain ab a longer essay question involving CPA or decision trees; maybe with a link to ansoffs matrix
Maybe something ab the design mix considering how the prerelease mentioned colour which seems so specific and doesn't relate to anything else
Porter's 5 forces also seem likely (E.g. what is most influential for car manufacturers...)

Again, I have not seen the paper and I am in the same position as the rest of you, this is just the sort of stuff I'm going to prioritise in the final lead up!
Original post by Tomm.
Don't quote me on any of this but topics which I think are especially relevant to the car industry (considering the pre-release which I know is brief)...

Quality management
Methods of production (flow? Cell? Capital intensive? JIT? Lean production? Kaizen?)
The staff as an asset/cost (especially considering the importance of customer service to retain loyal customers)
Almost certain ab a longer essay question involving CPA or decision trees; maybe with a link to ansoffs matrix
Maybe something ab the design mix considering how the prerelease mentioned colour which seems so specific and doesn't relate to anything else
Porter's 5 forces also seem likely (E.g. what is most influential for car manufacturers...)

Again, I have not seen the paper and I am in the same position as the rest of you, this is just the sort of stuff I'm going to prioritise in the final lead up!

so for this (Almost certain ab a longer essay question involving CPA or decision trees; maybe with a link to ansoffs matrix) do u think it will be a draw then write it coz that will take AAAGGGESSSSSS ....................
Reply 48
U should know them as they may come in linked with higher mark questions such as gearing ratio or ROCE
Original post by idkidkidkidk101
oh and does anyone think that we should revise formulas for tomorrows exam because there are no 4 markers ?
Reply 49
Original post by Tomm.

Quality management

Just quoted you on this :y::smug:
Reply 50
We would never be asked to draw a CPA, only amend one, so we may have to complete one, identify the critical path or change one. With a decision tree, we are expected to be able to draw one but I think it is unlikely (still go over it though). Most importantly, remember that if we have to do maths for a longer mark question, we are not expected to write as much and/or go into as much detail. What my teacher recommend doing is regardless of where the like numbers are, do the working out in the question which is asking for the maths. Therefore, it balances out as you've done the maths, thus justifying a shorter answer. Does this help ?
so for this (Almost certain ab a longer essay question involving CPA or decision trees; maybe with a link to ansoffs matrix) do u think it will be a draw then write it coz that will take AAAGGGESSSSSS ....................
Reply 51
:/
Original post by tiredfrog
Just quoted you on this :y::smug:
Reply 52
Original post by Tomm.
:/

:cool::cool::cool:
Reply 53
Idk if anyone will find this useful, but the first section of the 2016 AS paper 1 was on cars (luxury cars), so if you just wanted to have a quick look at it then here is the link:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Business/2015/Exam-materials/8BS0_01_que_20160519.pdf
do you guys think theres going to be calculation questions? cuz ive been told by my teacher that there arent any 4 markers so how would we calculate?
Original post by janaaaaaaaa
do you guys think theres going to be calculation questions? cuz ive been told by my teacher that there arent any 4 markers so how would we calculate?

there could be a question that says calculate ...... and determine how useful.... is so then u would have to incorporate ur calculation and someone just said befoe that u can show ur working out in the answer + u won't have to write much i n the questio
What maths do u lot think could come up any predictions? I was thinking cpa, decision trees, they could ask investment appraisal but less likely as it was last years but could still come up u never know, ratio analysis, price income elasticity of demand or capacity utilisation.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I
I always struggle with timing I never finish a paper I always end up leaving a 10 or 12 marker and half way finishing a 20 marker so annoying
just go over the content and some key topics i think i've mentioned it before you'll be fine.... i'm going over content all over again just to make sure I know everything but tomorrows my last A level exam a bit stressed but excited to finish
how many papers do you have left all together?

i finish tomorrow too!!! i have business in the morning and then sociology paper 3. i’m going to try and do as much business recap as i can today but the sociology paper is my worst out of the 3 and there’s so much content 😭

even though i’m not feeling great about business i’m so glad it’s over… excited to be free to do whatever i want this summer 😫
Original post by sanriolvr221
I always struggle with timing I never finish a paper I always end up leaving a 10 or 12 marker and half way finishing a 20 marker so annoying

omg same. i don’t even know how it happens…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending