The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 (9BS0 03) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sanriolvr221
I always struggle with timing I never finish a paper I always end up leaving a 10 or 12 marker and half way finishing a 20 marker so annoying

and thinking of a good chain takes time but i think i write fast thats why i finish on time but ideas take time to generate
Original post by iamconfusionnn
omg same. i don’t even know how it happens…

you guys aren;t the only ones loadss of people do it.. one girl in my class left out a 20 marker and the other both the 12 markers in paper 1 ... why hasen;t edexcel realised this as a problem and changed the times i would be happy to sit their for 2 hr 45 mins but they do say "a mark a minute"
(edited 10 months ago)
I mean if you are taught well you won't run out of time. Like paper 1 and 2 no one at my school ran out of time because we practice a lot of mock papers and have got good at pacing ourselves
Original post by idkidkidkidk101
you guys aren;t the only ones loadss of people do it.. one girl in my class left out a 20 marker and the other both the 12 markers in paper 1 ... why hasen;t edexcel realised this as a problem and changed the times i would be happy to sit their for 2 hr 45 mins but they do say "a mark a minute"
Original post by user123456324
I mean if you are taught well you won't run out of time. Like paper 1 and 2 no one at my school ran out of time because we practice a lot of mock papers and have got good at pacing ourselves

lucky you :frown: my teacher is awful at his job.
Original post by user123456324

in my college we never ever did a full 100 mark paper we only did 80 mark mocks so.......

sameeeee one could teach and the other one was just competitive and the words coming out his mouth made no sense
(edited 10 months ago)
im so stressed out cuz i feel like i havent done any revision, the car industry research was easy cuz its my hobby to learn about cars but how do we even incorporate that into the questions ugh!!! i hope we all ace this exam. im going over the entire syllabus but i still feel like i have no idea what im doing

omg literally same, he just makes slides and stands infront of the class just blabbing about things, and then he expects us to understand. we have 2 different classes for business and the second class always ace their exams because their teacher is so good and were just there like wut??
Reply 68
Original post by Jesse928383
any predictions? Isn’t it kind of limited because it’s on the car market specifically.

How do you know it's the car market?
Reply 69
From the exam prerelease? Have you seen it?
Original post by Braddaz71
Original post by janaaaaaaaa
im so stressed out cuz i feel like i havent done any revision, the car industry research was easy cuz its my hobby to learn about cars but how do we even incorporate that into the questions ugh!!! i hope we all ace this exam. im going over the entire syllabus but i still feel like i have no idea what im doing

same situation as you !!!!
Original post by Braddaz71

bro havent u seen the pre- release😅😅 it's on the car market but you don't have to do tons of research they could ask about manufacturers, service providers or even a car wash but the thing is that the pre - release gives an ish of an hint to the topics as you can guess which topics relate to cars ....
this guy gives some predictions but the videos really long so i could sum it up but i've only watched 23 mins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeH3wmxHyHM&t=1387s

for what i've watched he says

tarrifs and imports
design mix

others are saying

lean production
kaizen
capacity utilisation
quality control / circles
resource managment
managing people
entrepreneur to leader
external influence
the market
competitive environment
(edited 10 months ago)
i finish tomorrow too!!! i have business in the morning and then sociology paper 3. i’m going to try and do as much business recap as i can today but the sociology paper is my worst out of the 3 and there’s so much content 😭

even though i’m not feeling great about business i’m so glad it’s over… excited to be free to do whatever i want this summer 😫

same i have sociology and business so stressed
I always struggle with timing I never finish a paper I always end up leaving a 10 or 12 marker and half way finishing a 20 marker so annoying

just to make you feel better, for paper 1 i missed out 2 10 markers and a 12 marker; for paper 2 i missed out 1 10 and one 12. what makes it worse is these papers have been so nice i think but its just the timings that get me
Reply 74
Original post by hanabehrami
just to make you feel better, for paper 1 i missed out 2 10 markers and a 12 marker; for paper 2 i missed out 1 10 and one 12. what makes it worse is these papers have been so nice i think but its just the timings that get me

im sorry but also thankfull
may god bless you with your future endeavour's
Original post by hanabehrami

:frown: I wish u good luck for paper 3!!
What maths do u think is gonna be on this paper?
What maths do u think is gonna be on this paper?

Maybe one of the liquidity ratios or an interpretation of decision trees or CPA, btw would it be given to us on a diagram or would we have to draw the whole thing out for both
Reply 78
Original post by Dylan johanson
Maybe one of the liquidity ratios or an interpretation of decision trees or CPA, btw would it be given to us on a diagram or would we have to draw the whole thing out for both

just fill them out or add any changes no need to draw anything
Reply 79
You may have to "construct" a decision tree, however I would say that this is very unlikely
Original post by cicciosisi
just fill them out or add any changes no need to draw anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending