The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 (9BS0 03) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
wait how do we know cpa is likely to come up what topic does that come under in the pre release?
what do u think will come up for global and external influences? i can think of energy prices going higher so electric charging will be expensive and maybe the fact the economy was just in a recession due to covid so there may be reduced demand for a new car? also electric cars are more expensive
Reply 82
guys, if there is a 12 marker on investment appraisal, eg "assess the value of ARR/NPV to a firm such as toyota" what would be you points + evaluation?
How well would the concept of franchises and franchisees with the car market and what kind of models and theories could u mention in such an answer.
Original post by Kingbets
wait how do we know cpa is likely to come up what topic does that come under in the pre release?

if it was to come up, it'd most likely be a 12/20 marker, i believe its between that and decision trees that could come up.
Reply 85
Original post by Dylan johanson
How well would the concept of franchises and franchisees with the car market and what kind of models and theories could u mention in such an answer.

For example with a UK popular car wash franchise such as Waves. Advantage is that there is less risk for the franchisee due to using methods of advertisements and operations which have proven to work, and that you can benefit from the high branding and popularity of a major franchise. HOWEVER: you are effected directly by the actions of the franchise, so if they are involved in controversy then demand for you will decrease due to you representing the brand, and that you have to pay royalties which will decrease profits for you.
Reply 86
Original post by iamconfusionnn
i finish tomorrow too!!! i have business in the morning and then sociology paper 3. i’m going to try and do as much business recap as i can today but the sociology paper is my worst out of the 3 and there’s so much content 😭

even though i’m not feeling great about business i’m so glad it’s over… excited to be free to do whatever i want this summer 😫

Me too! I also have business and sociology as my last exams
i dont get what is meant by the market, does it mean factors influencing the market or what
Reply 88
Original post by crackedscale
i dont get what is meant by the market, does it mean factors influencing the market or what

If you mean the 2nd bullet-point on the pre-release I'm assuming it's implying what different types of markets are there within the car industry. For example, the electric car market vs gas car market.
Is there any way in which Ansoff could be asked as a separate 20 marker and if so which factor, diversification within the car market from an entrepreneur?
Reply 90
I reckon if it does come up, it may be like within a question using CPA or decision trees (e.g. new electric car vs expand existing combustion portfolio...) therefore you can argue any.
Original post by Dylan johanson
Is there any way in which Ansoff could be asked as a separate 20 marker and if so which factor, diversification within the car market from an entrepreneur?
Reply 91
The prerelease does not tell you what questions are going to come up, it is more to get a feel for the market and aid application. If you take a look at the 2019 paper, for example, there will be questions which are not directly related to the pre-release. This is why you should go over everything and not rely on the prerelease. As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, apparently the pre-release was just used as a way to differentiate from AQA

And the reason it is likely to come up is that quantitative skills must be assessed in each paper, and considering there are no 4 markers, these skills will be tested in essay questions and only selected calculations apply to this style.
Original post by Kingbets
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by cicciosisi
im sorry but also thankfull
may god bless you with your future endeavour's

ummm backhanded but thanks lol
Reply 93
Original post by hanabehrami
ummm backhanded but thanks lol

HAHAHHA no way he said that
Original post by Philipp459
HAHAHHA no way he said that

literally
Reply 95
Original post by hanabehrami
literally

" May god bless you, a child of Christ, with the best of luck in future endeavours. Amen. Anyways, thanks for lowering grade boundaries dipshit loll "
Original post by Philipp459
" May god bless you, a child of Christ, with the best of luck in future endeavours. Amen. Anyways, thanks for lowering grade boundaries dipshit loll "

HAHAH for REAL, could have just blessed me without rubbing in the fact ive capped myself at a D lmao
Do u lot think investment appraisal average rate of return stuff is gonna come up cos I cba learning that
Original post by sanriolvr221
Do u lot think investment appraisal average rate of return stuff is gonna come up cos I cba learning that

a lot of it links to the uk car market, so i would.
Reply 99
And what would the question be like, and what would your points + eval be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending