The Student Room Group

was i in the wrong?

in one of my lessons i think it was in year 10 or 9 but we had a cover teacher because the teacher was not in the lesson
one of the teachers in school who it seems dislikes me, came into the class and i told the cover teacher that the teacher was at the door (she wasnt facing the door so she didn't know)
however, afer this the teacher that came into the class just whisper ''okay not need to tell'' and just gave me a dirty look when walking past me
Reply 1
i'm unsure what you're asking - the teacher who came in didn't want you to tell the cover teacher? i don't think it matters that much to be honest. what year are you in right now? this seems to have been a one-time event so i wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 2
Original post by a.willow
i'm unsure what you're asking - the teacher who came in didn't want you to tell the cover teacher? i don't think it matters that much to be honest. what year are you in right now? this seems to have been a one-time event so i wouldn't worry about it.

tbh im not sure i think she thought that i didn't need to tell the cover teacher
and im in year 11
Reply 3
Original post by hurtinguser
tbh im not sure i think she thought that i didn't need to tell the cover teacher
and im in year 11

well I don't see how you were supposed to know that she didn't want you to tell your cover teacher, and its generally common etiquette to tell your teacher if someone is waiting for them so I wouldn't worry about it. If she offered no other explanation than what you said in your original post and nothing has happened for 1-2 years depending on if you were in year 9 or 10 then I doubt it was anything with long-term consequences. you're fine, misunderstandings happen. good luck on your GCSEs and hope you're well :smile:
Tbh it just sounds like she was joking.
And if this was 2 years ago, don't know why you still remember it
Reply 5
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Tbh it just sounds like she was joking.
And if this was 2 years ago, don't know why you still remember it

i dont think she was joking because she treating me not in a nice way e.g believed in someone who lied abt me and then didn't let me tell my side of the story, also threatened to give detention for it or call my parents
Original post by hurtinguser
i dont think she was joking because she treating me not in a nice way e.g believed in someone who lied abt me and then didn't let me tell my side of the story, also threatened to give detention for it or call my parents

Is this the same teacher you were moaning about the other day who got annoyed at you because you wouldn't let someone sit next to you?
Reply 7
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Is this the same teacher you were moaning about the other day who got annoyed at you because you wouldn't let someone sit next to you?

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending