The Student Room Group

Wrong name at college

So I applied to college with the wrong name, they asked me to send my passport to them before starting, however I didn’t have my passport at the time so i couldn’t do it, I didn’t tell them this, everything was fine, they sent me my student card and everything, Did my level 2 at college, aswell as gcses, did the first year of level 3, now i’m thinking about applying to university, however will my wrong name at college affect this as my passport has a different name?

for clarification i’ll give an example of the wrong name used, My name would be Patrick-James John-smith however at college I applied as Patrick-James smith (used fake name)

Do I go in and tell them my mistake or do i just see if it works out naturally, i’m scared that they might make me retake my gcses or mess up my grades as my college is known to be bad with that stuff.
Original post by pjgally
So I applied to college with the wrong name, they asked me to send my passport to them before starting, however I didn’t have my passport at the time so i couldn’t do it, I didn’t tell them this, everything was fine, they sent me my student card and everything, Did my level 2 at college, aswell as gcses, did the first year of level 3, now i’m thinking about applying to university, however will my wrong name at college affect this as my passport has a different name?

for clarification i’ll give an example of the wrong name used, My name would be Patrick-James John-smith however at college I applied as Patrick-James smith (used fake name)

Do I go in and tell them my mistake or do i just see if it works out naturally, i’m scared that they might make me retake my gcses or mess up my grades as my college is known to be bad with that stuff.

If your certificates are in the wrong name you need to speak to your college and ask them to get them reissued with the right name now that you have a passport

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending