The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 1 (9PS0 01) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
and if they were to repeat key questions, i feel like the most they could do is 'state your key question for social/bio/cog/lt and why its an issue in society' for like 4 marks

Original post by Jihoooo
Do you guys think key question or practical is gonna come up? If so which one is more likely? Can they repeat it?

According to my comparison with past paper questions (2017-2021) :

There was Key question asked for - cog/bio/learning and none for social? (Correct me if I’m wrong)
Practical- social and none for the rest! Although there was a question in 2021:
“Q13- In cognitive psychology and learning theories you will have learned about the use of psychological knowledge in society, including key questions of relevance in society.

Evaluate the use of psychological knowledge from cognitive psychology and learning theories in society.
You must use concepts, theories and/or research from cognitive psychology and learning theories in your answer.”

^^ haven’t done that question yet but does it require to have key question knowledge for both?
Reply 41
Original post by C.A. J
since it does mention the key questions, you would mention them, but it wouldn't be the main body of the essay,

i think for sure they have to asked the key question for social since they've asked one each year, so memorise points for that.

for practicals they are usually like, explain how you got qualitative/quantitative data form your practical, or explain the results or procedure , so make sure you go over those. worst comes to worst if you cut remember the results of your practical you can just make them up, provided that they acc make sense

Thank you so much! I will make sure to know all the qualitative/quantitative, strength/weakness /improvement for all my practicals!! I’ll make sure to memorise social key questions:smile:
Reply 42
Original post by C.A. J
and if they were to repeat key questions, i feel like the most they could do is 'state your key question for social/bio/cog/lt and why its an issue in society' for like 4 marks

I haven’t seen any questions like this before?? How would you answer it?
Reply 43
Does anyone have essay plans/points to make on social sensitivity? Across all of the approaches….
That is an issue and debate I am weakest in:s-smilie:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 44
Does anyone know good YouTubers or like websites that can help explain things such as research methods? I may have forgotten how to carry out correlational research:s-smilie::frown:
Original post by C.A. J
im gonna say unlikely but you can always check and compare the past papers

YHH true
Yh same I had my geo exam so I only just started focusing on psychology now I’m just doing textbook questions writing notes down in summary for each approach then I’m gonna do past papers and essay plans? Does this sound good
Reply 47
rn cos its so close to the exam i think its better to do active revision (like active recall) the than passive, just writing notes, unless you can learn/memorise as you write the notes
Original post by sanriolvr221
Yh same I had my geo exam so I only just started focusing on psychology now I’m just doing textbook questions writing notes down in summary for each approach then I’m gonna do past papers and essay plans? Does this sound good

yess 100% do essay plans and past papers, helps notice trends in mark schemes and types of question
Original post by C.A. J
rn cos its so close to the exam i think its better to do active revision (like active recall) the than passive, just writing notes, unless you can learn/memorise as you write the notes

yess 100% do essay plans and past papers, helps notice trends in mark schemes and types of question

Ok I’m gonna do Quizlet flash cards and past paper and essay plans thank uuu
Guys I’m acc so scared for this paper😭
Reply 50

ngl am i , like been revising for hourssss these past few days but i still feel like i know nothing
guys i’m acc so scared for this paper*
me too i hate bio psych

me too i’m on the brink of insanity
Reply 53

so am i🥲 feel like i know nothing
Does anyone have any predictions for issues and debates section and biological. I HATE BIOLOGICAL
Reply 55
Original post by allyacademics
Does anyone have any predictions for issues and debates section and biological. I HATE BIOLOGICAL

Same omg bio psych is so annoying and I HATEEEE baddley
me too man i hate bio psych
Reply 57
the key question is still stressing me out
im not sure of a really good way to structure it and what to add
Original post by C.A. J
the key question is still stressing me out
im not sure of a really good way to structure it and what to add

which key question are you doing?
Reply 59
social one hasn't come up at all so im going over that
Original post by allyacademics