The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 1 (9PS0 01) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pwca

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 1 (9PS0 01) - 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 19th May 2023/ AM
Length: 2hr

that was so easy looooool big up edexcel
Original post by sanriolvr221
I genuinely don’t know lol I just guessed but when I saw that omg I was so happy

abeg u predict the 16 and 20 markers for next week plz
Reply 82
what/how much did you all write for the section C 12 marker? I applied and evaluated reconstructive memory, working memory model, and MSM. I wasn't sure if we had to apply 3 or 4 cognitive theories but figured 3 was enough - what about you guys?
exactly what u did but relating back to the scenario plus a conclusion that was a beautiful question
Original post by agvjvkvgugy
abeg u predict the 16 and 20 markers for next week plz

I’m gonna look at all the ones that came up in past ones then I’ll tell u what I predict
Original post by le-cygne
what/how much did you all write for the section C 12 marker? I applied and evaluated reconstructive memory, working memory model, and MSM. I wasn't sure if we had to apply 3 or 4 cognitive theories but figured 3 was enough - what about you guys?

I only had time to do use long term memory by tulving for the 12 marker would that be fine

I applied + evaluated the wmm as well as tulving, and then I also included an alternative explanation (biological)
Reply 87
for my 12 marker i evaluated in terms of comparing to other approaches instead of evaluating the actual theories, would this count for ao3??
Reply 88
Original post by sanriolvr221
I only had time to do use long term memory by tulving for the 12 marker would that be fine

I think they generally look for 2 or more theories so they can see you have a broad understanding of the approach, but as long as you did some pretty in-depth application/evaluation for LTM, you should get decent marks :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by sammyonmybed
I applied + evaluated the wmm as well as tulving, and then I also included an alternative explanation (biological)

how many evaluation points did you do per theory? I stuck to 2 cause of timing
how many evaluation points did you do per theory? I stuck to 2 cause of timing

tbh im not 100% sure, I just tried to get as many as I could… I’d say 2/3
Reply 91
did anyone else run out of time with the issues and debates???
Reply 92
Original post by lilyana123
did anyone else run out of time with the issues and debates???

Yeaa I barely finished them but the other sections were calm what did ppl put for that question with the kid who wants to sit on the floor?? LMAOO i waffled so bad
Reply 93
Original post by Raconteuryou
For SD I got 2.41 and for chi squared I got 0.24, not sure if that's correct

yh i got the same

the statistics qs were calm ngl I thought it was gonna have difficult qs.
Did anyone get 2.15 for one of the calculations
Reply 95
does anyone remember how many marks the SD question was? my friend said it was 2 marks but i think it was 4? i got it wrong so wanna know how many marks i lost :/
definitely was 4

Original post by user1707
does anyone remember how many marks the SD question was? my friend said it was 2 marks but i think it was 4? i got it wrong so wanna know how many marks i lost :/
Reply 97
Original post by user1707

i think it was 4
What’s the actual answer for the SD question
Reply 99
Original post by psych_lover
What’s the actual answer for the SD question

2.41 or something like that for chi it was 0.24

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending