The Student Room Group

Booking uni accom at firm offer, what if I don’t go?

Okay so I’m really curious about this. My firm is fashion promotion and communications at kingston and next week accommodation opens however I was wondering about maybe applying through clearing to lcf and seeing if I can get a place there. However if I have already booked accom at kingston, will I be able to get out of the contract and go somewhere else for uni? Like I imagine people all the time don’t get into their firm places so what happens with their accom they’ve booked? And also will I be able to get accom in London if I can get a place at lcf? Does accom go quickly?
Reply 1
You need to make some decisions fairly soon regarding where you want to go.

When accommodation opens its fine to apply but once you accept an accommodation you are on for the costs. That's it. If you sign up for accommodation anywhere its a contract you are signing.

So if you are not sure about your placing and want to go to another university via clearing sort that out then apply for accommodation however, there are no guarantees you will get the accommodation you want. Demand for supply is VERY strong and the longer you leave it the less options there will be.

Don't want to worry you but finding the right accommodation can be a royal pain to finalise, the sooner you get onto it the better frankly.
Original post by Ameliairvine34
Okay so I’m really curious about this. My firm is fashion promotion and communications at kingston and next week accommodation opens however I was wondering about maybe applying through clearing to lcf and seeing if I can get a place there. However if I have already booked accom at kingston, will I be able to get out of the contract and go somewhere else for uni? Like I imagine people all the time don’t get into their firm places so what happens with their accom they’ve booked? And also will I be able to get accom in London if I can get a place at lcf? Does accom go quickly?

Hi there,
I'd recommend checking your uni accommodation/accommodation provider's cancellation policy. This should be readily available on their website but if you have any queries, I'd suggest getting in touch to clarify. For example, at Student Roost, our policy covers situations like not getting your grades or if you won't be studying in that city and we do not have accommodation in the city you will be studying.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending