The Student Room Group

a level speaking advice

HELP
I'm doing Edexcel A level speaking, my exam is in a week and I have no idea what constitutes as a fact for my exam, I can't find any exemplars either, please help
what language?

I do German A level Edexcel. Here is a website where you can look at past speaking exams:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/german-2016.coursematerials.html#%2FfilterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials

In the exam there is 9-10 minutes of IRP (independent research project) which is you talking about the topic you've researched and answering bullet point questions about it. The second part is you answering questions in a topic area. You get the choice of two cards, one must be a level topic. So you could get the choice of an AS and an A2 card, or between two A2 cards.

The speaking exam is a maximum of 18 minutes and the timer doesn't start when your teacher is talking - it starts when you make a noise. So be really quiet when your teacher is saying your candidate number etc because otherwise they will count that time towards the 18 minutes if you've said "um" or alike. Any conversation past that 18 minute mark is unmarked.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending