The Student Room Group

Help with Statistical Test!

this is for some coursework. i suck at statistics :frown: my hypothesis is along the lines of: Mean reaction time will be faster (or lower) for the condition 1 compared to the condition 2.
In my data set, the reaction time is recorded under each of these conditions. I was wondering what statistical test I have to use in SPSS. the data is interval and it is a sample of people doing an experiment under both conditions (they have mixed trials with both conditions in one sitting).
Original post by lunathefighter
this is for some coursework. i suck at statistics :frown: my hypothesis is along the lines of: Mean reaction time will be faster (or lower) for the condition 1 compared to the condition 2.
In my data set, the reaction time is recorded under each of these conditions. I was wondering what statistical test I have to use in SPSS. the data is interval and it is a sample of people doing an experiment under both conditions (they have mixed trials with both conditions in one sitting).

If you're not using a stats model for either sets, then I wouldn't use an F-test

I would use the following t-test:
H0: B1-B2=0
H1: B1-B2 >0
Reply 2
Original post by lunathefighter

Would a paired samples t test work?

Quick Reply

Latest