The Student Room Group

A100 Medicine open days 2024 entry

How do you decide which uni open days to attend now in June/ July, esp as for medicine so much is dependent on the UCAT score that one won't probably do till the summer?
Reply 1
Original post by luxor1706
How do you decide which uni open days to attend now in June/ July, esp as for medicine so much is dependent on the UCAT score that one won't probably do till the summer?

I didn’t actually go to any open days and I’m starting medical school in September, I definitely recommend going to see them but remember that just because you didn’t go to the open day for a specific medical school doesn’t mean you can’t still apply there! My advice would be not to worry about the UCAT right now as that can be worked on. Just go along and have a look at a few different universities and consider what matters to you most, e.g. location, student satisfaction, rankings, grade requirements
Reply 2
Original post by luxor1706

Thats a very good question. Its so important to be strategic and you cant really do that without your UCAT score. But you can start knocking off those off the list of possible options that you dont meet the requirements for so A level subjects, gcses ranking etc. And those that are UCAT only rather than BMAT, or visa versa or both 😁. Work out when their summer /autumn and online open days are.

Some might then say wait to see what your UCAT score is (and do it early if you can) then apply to go to the autumn open days for those that you might be targeting. Its harder to do that when you are also trying to BMAT and your PS.

Or hit some of the ones you think you might be strategically suitable for before doing your UCAT in the summer round. They are often better bigger events (and better weather) in the summer round and less time pressure. BUT it could make you love somewhere that isnt suitable.post UCAT.

A lot of the online open days have exactly the same medicine talks you just cant go round the uni. You can always do that as part of the offer days when you get to that stage.

In any event. Plan your time and your weekends etc between noe and form submission. Having a clwar understanding of your own personal timetable is well worth it and helps you work out when you will need to sit ucat etc.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending